Home

Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed)

VSN has posted a new podcast with Madden NFL 25 Creative Director, Michael Young. There are quite a few interesting presentation nuggets included, some of which we have listed below.
  • The Presentation playbook went away this year, but that doesn't mean the team hasn't been working hard on it.
  • Year 2 with Nance and Simms adds more depth in commentary, especially in career mode, more details on that at a later date.
  • Replays feel more human, varied and specific to the types of plays. Using real cameras, from the real locations in the stadiums (framing, timing, etc.)
  • New animated tickers, banners, feels more like a broadcast.
  • Added more team chants, first down and stadium sounds, since they went to many stadiums with Jim and Phil and grabbed live recordings.
  • More authentic tracks from various stadiums. Redone referee audio.
  • If you move your team, commentators will talk about that.
  • New sideline reporter has been added, will talk about that later.
  • Adam Schefter is still in the virtual news feed, breaking story lines, but he has also been added to the draft commentary.
  • When the draft is running, Trey Wingo is the host and Adam talks about the outlook and expectations of the player.
  • Brand new branching story lines for 30 draft classes and Adam made them sound authentic. Adam has been signed for a couple of years.
  • Can't place players on the PUP list. (Injured reserve IS STILL in the game) - Mike misunderstood the question in podcast.
  • Owners can't bid for Super Bowl hosting.
  • Overhauled Connected Franchise website, much more functional with tutorials.
  • Commissioner tools haven't been locked down, so they couldn't announce any of them.
  • Facial scans were made for most of last year's rookie class (roughly 20 didn't get in) All starting QB's and some QB's that could see some time.
  • Also ran facial scans for coaches, in total close to 100 facial scans made it in.
  • Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.
  • They have tweaked the Zoom camera, didn't mention any other cameras.
  • The rumors are FALSE. There is no PC version of Madden NFL 25.
  • Head coaches, head trainers, head scouts and owners will be featured in story lines, not coordinators.
Remember, these were just some of the nuggets, make sure you listen to the entire podcast here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details

The sideline reporter is the best thing I got from this.

Very sad to hear theres no cut scenes in the draft.

I also felt his tone throughout the interview belied his words...

an example:

Quote:
"giving people the power to control the realism is.... *sighs* ... something I'm really excited about."

Judging by his tone I am sure he is... lol

I think this is something that epitomises EA's approach to developing Madden...

'Hey guys, we could tune and tweak this here, orrrr we could let the fans do it!!'

Disclaimer: I am in no way trying to say giving us the ability to change and edit things is a bad thing, but it seems EA would rather let US fix the game than do it themselves...
from the other thread.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.
This is what I've thought all along in terms of the face scans. Not a whole lot they can do if the players don't make themselves available. If they could refine GameFace enough, or revamp the face editor and allow us to edit faces, it could go a long way especially if Madden Share is something where files can be shared but I'm still not all in on that being the case.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

VSN has posted a new podcast with Madden NFL 25 Creative Director, Michael Young. There are quite a few interesting presentation nuggets included, some of which we have listed below.
  • Owners can't bid for Super Bowl hosting.
Only thing I liked besides Adam Schefter being involved was the sideline reporter being added.

Also I think it would be awesome if as Owners we can place bids on the Super Bowl. That way it would be more realistic and seems like fun to do. I could finally bring a Super Bowl to Baltimore.

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-01-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13
So does this mean Ben Roethlisberger will no longer look like he's smelling a fart?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #6
Banned

californ14's Arena

The whole rush over the Uniform correction question was disappointing in both the narrowing of the question and the answer....

Started nice and broad, asking if uniform errors had been corrected, to specifically asking about the Bears orange pants being fixed to navy blue...The reply was lacking in confidence and knowledge, and to suggest they are fast in fixing such uniform errors was an outright lie....smh

Hope at least metallic colors like the 49ers, saints, raiders, lions, etc etc, actually look gold or silver instead of matte, primer-ish...
Old 06-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
So they have taken a step back with injuries, this is really frustrating and surprising. I was expecting to see some improvements in this area with the emphasis of injuries in the run-free playbook.

Everything announced for Madden 25 has been very underwhelming. I hope they release a polished product at least.
There's the new foot planting, and run free.

Lots of new blocking animations and types, Re-written run blocking.

Some new defensive stuff.

Some of the presentation stuff just mentioned is exciting, Sideline reporter, real replay angles, new audio.

Owner mode.

I personally think this stuff is exciting.

Obviously if none of that is encouraging for you then that's your opinion, and I understand.

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-01-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:26 AM   #8
Banned

californ14's Arena

We could really use a 'practice squad" and we need a "PUP/IR."

What this may indicate is that injuries are going to be scarce in M25; thus EA Tiburon may believe in selective realism....

I am curious about the replay camera angles; look forward to seeing how they work in the game, but cautious in getting too happy about the info as I am not a fan of auto replays after every play and just a little gun shy with EA info. I hope there is a sky-cam angle for replays or a broadcast booth position...

Interested in the "zoom" camera adjustments, but also curious if any other adjustments were applied and how, or new angles added?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »