Home

Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Hmmm... Still not true halftime show or end of game show with true highlights and commentary breaking down the action, wow we've been asking for this for over 8 years.
It is disappointing they couldnt add this in this year. Last year halftime was just cut scenes and not even your highlights.

At least last year, they added halftime stat comparisons, but you had to sit through the cut scenes to get to it. EA still has a long way to go when it comes to presentation and immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Hmmm... Still not true halftime show or end of game show with true highlights and commentary breaking down the action, wow we've been asking for this for over 8 years.
It was in a few years ago, but alas, gutted out.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It was in a few years ago, but alas, gutted out.
As bad as that was at least it was something. I actually would sit there and watch it each week.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

And now confirmed IR is in Madden 25.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #29
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

So I actually listened to the podcast. The commentary improvements do sound promising.

He mentions that the commentary will talk about if you struggled in the red zone last week. Or if your playing a team who has a hot streak.

Now it sounds good on paper (or audio in this case), but I have to see/hear it to believe it. Think about it, the commentary has a tough enough time having the correct audio based on the current game.

For example, a team scores a TD with a minute left to bring them within 30 and they still talk about how they can still comeback. Or after they scroed and I returned a kick off for a TD they talked about how the QB was picked off last time out.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #30
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
So I actually listened to the podcast. The commentary improvements do sound promising.

He mentions that the commentary will talk about if you struggled in the red zone last week. Or if your playing a team who has a hot streak.

Now it sounds good on paper (or audio in this case), but I have to see/hear it to believe it. Think about it, the commentary has a tough enough time having the correct audio based on the current game.

For example, a team scores a TD with a minute left to bring them within 30 and they still talk about how they can still comeback. Or after they scroed and I returned a kick off for a TD they talked about how the QB was picked off last time out.
I was just about to post how he mentioned Jim and Phil will talk about last weeks games and how a team struggled in the red zone last week and if they can be more successful today.

I'm also curious to hear who the sideline reporter is, I didn't think CBS used one anymore.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #31
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I was just about to post how he mentioned Jim and Phil will talk about last weeks games and how a team struggled in the red zone last week and if they can be more successful today.

I'm also curious to hear who the sideline reporter is, I didn't think CBS used one anymore.
I think they have steve tasker. Remember he got snubbed by Bill Bellichick after the play-off game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #32
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

[QUOTE
  • The Presentation playbook went away this year, but that doesn't mean the team hasn't been working hard on it.
  • Year 2 with Nance and Simms adds more depth in commentary, especially in career mode, more details on that at a later date.
  • Replays feel more human, varied and specific to the types of plays. Using real cameras, from the real locations in the stadiums (framing, timing, etc.)
  • New animated tickers, banners, feels more like a broadcast.
  • Added more team chants, first down and stadium sounds, since they went to many stadiums with Jim and Phil and grabbed live recordings.
  • More authentic tracks from various stadiums. Redone referee audio.
  • If you move your team, commentators will talk about that.
  • New sideline reporter has been added, will talk about that later.
  • Adam Schefter is still in the virtual news feed, breaking story lines, but he has also been added to the draft commentary.
  • When the draft is running, Trey Wingo is the host and Adam talks about the outlook and expectations of the player.
  • Brand new branching story lines for 30 draft classes and Adam made them sound authentic. Adam has been signed for a couple of years.
  • Can't place players on the PUP list.
  • Owners can't bid for Super Bowl hosting.
  • Overhauled Connected Franchise website, much more functional with tutorials.
  • Commissioner tools haven't been locked down, so they couldn't announce any of them.
  • Facial scans were made for most of last year's rookie class (roughly 20 didn't get in) All starting QB's and some QB's that could see some time.
  • Also ran facial scans for coaches, in total close to 100 facial scans made it in.
  • Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.
  • They have tweaked the Zoom camera, didn't mention any other cameras.
  • The rumors are FALSE. There is no PC version of Madden NFL 25.
  • Head coaches, head trainers, head scouts and owners will be featured in story lines, not coordinators.
Remember, these were just some of the nuggets, make sure you listen to the entire podcast here.[/quote]

Bolded what I think sounds promising/am excited for.

Yankees: #AllRise

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-01-2013 at 12:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »