Home

NCAA Football 14 Interview with Producer, Ben Haumiller (XXL)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Interview with Producer, Ben Haumiller (XXL) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: XXL Interview with Ben Haumiller on NCAA 14

jfsolo,
all of these adjustments can already be easily reproduced just by making the correct edits to the players ratings. That goes for 10,11 and 12, not sure about 13, may be no hope for that version.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm loving this part:

Quote:
Additionally, we have gone out and signed some of the greatest players in college football history as well as a group of players that were phenoms in college but might not have gone to the same level of success in the pros. These Campus Heroes are guys that are very recognizable names to college football fans, and will be guys that we feel fans will be very excited to see as a part of the Ultimate Team.
I'm one of those who couldn't care less about Ultimate Team stuff, but if it means I can play with someone like Tommie Frazier, I'd play.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for posting this.

Good to hear that they've worked on improving the AI on the running game.....it will make for a much better game as it's been too easy for far too long to stop the computer's run game.

Overall I think they've done well with this game.......but the proof will be in the actual results when the game drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Ben can say what ever he wants, I have to see it to believe it. He been spouting improved CPU running and improved CPU option since NCAA 10. Say it every year, same thing with improved zone coverage. 4th year in a row they been improving it.

I just hope they don't mess up something with their patches, like they seem to do every year. Yeah I am still ticked off they messed up my sexy CPU QB scramble logic. Before patches, QB scrambled with a purpose trying to score a TD. After patches, they went brain dead and just ran directly into defenders.

And they never did fix screen plays last year. That was an instant sack every time the CPU ran it. One of these years I hope they over haul special teams and coach mode. Coach mode has gotten the team builder treatment. They put it in but never work on it again. And special teams is just awful, which is sad considering it is a huge part of football.

I am intrigued by this half time show. Don't see how they couldn't add a post game show when it is essentially the same thing as halftime show. Also I really do hope there is more of a difference between a power back and a speed back other then decleating a defender.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the Link
Its always to get in a good read, cause we all know there few and far between
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #14
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

I loathe Ben Hamburgler. He seems like a moron and simply because he had some say in overrating FSU in this game on a yearly basis.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

I find it odd that he didn't talk about foot planting locomotion during run improvement portion. That was one of the main thing in the 1st playbook

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #16
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
I have a difficult time believing anything that comes out of this guy's mouth when it comes to NCAA football. not after him laughing in an interview at those who found a big issue NCAA 12 shortly after its release. I've lost all respect for this guy...

Prove it!

/rant

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »