Home

Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th

This is a discussion on Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th

The Lions Will Roar - Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Out June 13th

Launch trailer unleashes the power and spectacle of international rugby

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) and Alternative Software are pleased to announce that Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition for PlayStation®3, Microsoft Xbox 360® and PC will release on Thursday 13th June worldwide.

Developed by New Zealand based games developer Sidhe, the sequel to Jonah Lomu’s Rugby Challenge is the only videogame licensed by the British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia.

With more licenses than any other rugby game In history, from players through to teams and tournaments, Rugby Challenge 2: the Lions tour Edition offers more content, more authenticity and gets closer to the action than ever before with new features, including:
  • Refined and expanded gameplay with the addition of quick taps, quick lineouts, mauls from lineouts, interceptions, contesting ball at the breakdown, removing players from the ruck, number 8 scrum pickups, and dynamic in game team strategies on both attack and defence
  • 110+ teams and 50+ stadia from around the world are featured including official team, competitions, and special match licenses for the British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia, Aviva Premiership Rugby, RaboDirect PRO12, TOP 14 , Pro D2, Super Rugby teams, the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, Barbarians FC, Combined Country, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
  • More options to create or customise players, teams, and competitions, and change game rules and behaviour to shape the game to play how you want and keep the game fresh year after year
  • Revamped sound and commentary systems, with real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Black turned commentator Justin Marshall, and French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard
“The Lions Tour has begun with a bang with a 59-8 mauling of the Barbarians, and we’re excited to be able to bring Rugby Challenge: The Lions Tour Edition to consumers on June 13th,” said Roger Hulley, Managing Director, Alternative Software. “This is our finest videogame to date and we’re very excited to be launching the stand-out rugby game of a generation”.

Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition will release worldwide for PS3, 360, with PC to follow later in 2013. More information and ongoing updates about the game can be found at the official website www****gbychallengegame.com and at www.alternativesoftware.com

Check out some Rugby Challenge 2 gameplay videos below, courtesy of VG24/7.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Is this actually gonna be available in NA? I know they say it ships worldwide, but last I read it wasn't available in North America.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Look awesome! More polished than the first and the grunts certainly make each tackle feel harder.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 15
Are there sliders? Passing looks way too accurate.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
I loved the first game - looking forward to this next edition as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Are there sliders? Passing looks way too accurate.
Yes there are sliders
Old 06-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th

While I liked RC1, it had some flaws that resulted in a pretty short play time. None the less, I gave it a pass as a first iteration of a promising rugby game series, and was happy to give my money in support of the developers and their effort. I have RC2 pre-ordered and am looking forward to playing it for a lot longer. I'm not expecting the moon, but incremental improvements in this series will do fine. SIDHE have done some impressive things for such a small developer.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 06-06-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Rookie

willz1985's Arena

OVR: 3
i'd really love it if for the next game or at least at some point in the future they added a career mode where you play as a single player. Kinda like Superstar Mode from only it actually be good :P

I use to play as a Prop until a few years ago and would love the opportunity to do this, maybe starting off at club level and depending on performances earning a call up to the national team

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »