Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features and Screenshots, Not Coming to Xbox One or PS4

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features and Screenshots, Not Coming to Xbox One or PS4 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
No Xbox One, no purchase for me. I am moving to next gen and will not hold on to my Xbox 360 for that. This is a terrible move. Sure, in the short term it might make some sense, but this is a terrible decision. I will end up having to play FIFA. If FIFA gets its act together and actually has realistic team play, then I am going to keep playing that game.

Oh well, I was so excited too.
The decision making sense in the short term is the only thing that matters. Sports games are released every year, that's as short term as it gets. Konami focuses on making the last current gen PES the best they can then they have a year to devote their attention to the new consoles.

There will be way more people with 360's and PS3's anyway, not everyone can afford to or even wants to buy a next gen console at launch. Why try and sell a half *** next gen port when the smart thing to do is just wait until there is a larger number of consumers who own the systems *cough Madden 06*? This won't hurt Konami at all, if anything it puts them in a position to dive into the next gen systems with a more defined focus.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Totally agree with the above two. The decision not to make X1/PS4 version is a good one imo. The install base of the 360/PS3 is huge, and next gen will never reach the sales numbers as this current gen I'm afraid. They won't even come close in terms of sales.

Plus, Konami are creating this Fox Engine version of the game on PC first, and when you do that it will make the game easily scalable to X1/PS4 when they eventually come out later this year.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
I am saddened by this. I was looking forward to playing pes on ps4.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #20

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features and Screenshots, Not Coming to Xbox One or PS4

I'm fine with no next-gen for PES. I'm actually really glad, to be honest. I'd rather they put all of their effort into the 360/PS3 game. I mean, FIFA already has the built in excuse for their current-gen FIFA 14 to be only a slight upgrade from FIFA 13 this year. I'd rather pay 60 bucks for a game that is getting the full attention of its developer.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #21
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features and Screenshots, Not Coming to Xbox One or PS4

I'm loving the crowd pics. I wish FIFA did that more. Having smoke flares and crowd supporters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 18
This has to be the toughest sport to replicate at least on the consoles. Never played either game on a PC. Every year Konami comes up with supposed new this and that with fancy names. Games still play the same for the most part. EA's game looks miles better has for years. Not crazy about how either plays really. From what I can gather modded PES5 is at least as good as any newer game. I'll pass.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
This has to be the toughest sport to replicate
Players running back and forth, back and forth for 90 minutes... American football with 100's of plays and routes, and complex offensive and defensive strategies, would be many times more difficult to program I would guess.

Last edited by Yeats; 06-07-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Players running back and forth, back and forth for 90 minutes... American football with 100's of plays and routes, and complex offensive and defensive strategies, would be many times more difficult to program I would guess.
You obviously don't have a clue about football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »