Home

Madden NFL 25 - How To Stop The Read Option (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - How To Stop The Read Option (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 25 - How To Stop The Read Option (MyMaddenPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
It is abhorrent in the sense that it is done in the heat of the moment as if you have a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other: the coach on the sideline or general in the fog of war, neither one has this immediate (real-time) command over displine.

It does not simulate the true to life playcalling strategy - it merely circumvents the decision making tree by chopping off nuanced branches.
Where is real-time coming from? It's a pre-play assignment key not once the ball has been snapped. Granted, I don't disagree that it may be better during play calling, but being pre-play allows you to have different strategies for different formations which could be very true to life.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #34
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
Where is real-time coming from? It's a pre-play assignment key not once the ball has been snapped.
I stand corrected. Thanks Rick

Much ado about nothing.

Sorry guys lol

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #35
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
It is abhorrent in the sense that it is done in the heat of the moment as if you have a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other: the coach on the sideline or general in the fog of war, neither one has this immediate (real-time) command over displine.

It does not simulate the true to life playcalling strategy - it merely circumvents the decision making tree by chopping off nuanced branches.

Did not seem to affect the Ravens in the SB vs Kap. They hit him every time, forced him to give up the ball every time for 3 1/2 qtrs. I get where you are coming from, but I watched the SB and saw shades of Tampa Bay vs Vick when he was on the Falcons - beat him into submission over and over - Read Option will not be as successful this year in general - because if you put your QB in that situation, smart football says go blast him every time, the RB can have his yards but your QB is not beating me with his feet.

Now, ratings should matter in this, AWR or PRC or some combo should determine the discipline which a player accepts the "coaching" of the "hot route". 20 AWR/PRC guys should be darn near useless if not manually controlled and even then it should be a battle to get them to be effective. I have often wondered why AWR isn't used as a modifier or "drag" effect on other ratings...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #36
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13

Now, ratings should matter in this, AWR or PRC or some combo should determine the discipline which a player accepts the "coaching" of the "hot route".
I figured this would remain a point of concern and majority would agree that the hot route should not be *foolproof.

Remember, the option is bait like the PA and like the PA you may command the D to respect pass but some players may still bite on the **fake handoff.

Player: "Coach, I swear it looked like he handed that ish off!"

Coach: "I know, I know, we were fooled too - I think his own sideline was fooled. "

Coach: "I really need you to keep your containment and take your eyes off the ball."

*Containment is part of special teams too.

**A player still needs to be susceptible to deception and ratings plus prowess should determine the triggers on both sides. EA gave these QBs a PA rating for a reason albeit RGIII was given one of the worst per this article below.

http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/10/ma...action-rating/

Old 06-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #37
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I figured this would remain a point of concern and majority would agree that the hot route should not be *foolproof.

Remember, the option is bait like the PA and like the PA you may command the D to respect pass but some players may still bite on the **fake handoff.

Player: "Coach, I swear it looked like he handed that ish off!"

Coach: "I know, I know, we were fooled too - I think his own sideline was fooled. "

Coach: "I really need you to keep your containment and take your eyes off the ball."

*Containment is part of special teams too.

**A player still needs to be susceptible to deception and ratings plus prowess should determine the triggers on both sides. EA gave these QBs a PA rating for a reason albeit RGIII was given one of the worst per this article below.

http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/10/ma...action-rating/

Agreed.

RG3's crap rating in PA - egregious for sure - is due to how over the top the "physical" attributes calculate into OVR. If you take RG3 and dump his SAC,MAC,DAC,PA, and throw on run down to 70 - he is still an 81 OVR - go one further and drop his THP to 80 (pretty bad) and he is still rated a 76 OVR (has 81 AWR in this roster I used and was a 94 OVR before adjustments I mentioned)

EA absolutely must reduce the impact of speed/AGI/ACC on OVR across the board. It should be variable to a degree based on position and to an extent on "scheme", but even RBs are rated too high OVR based on speed/agility/acceleration.

Chris Johnson, by dropping his juke/spin/truck/carry/elusiveness/BC vision/ down to 70 leaves him as a 74 OVR - sorry but a player with no higher than 70 in all those categories at RB should be no higher OVR than a 70...
Old 06-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #38
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

I would really recommend people reading Shopmaster's answers in the comment section of this article.

I need to reply to Shopmaster's excellent response but am just heading off somewhere, wish I checked it earlier!

If someone could post them in here so that everyone can see it'd be a great topic of discussion and something that will please a lot of Madden gamers... At least in the sense that we have someone we can trust in Shopmaster asking the important questions.

Again, I'd like to give a massive thank you to Shopmaster for his excellent work.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #39
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
I would really recommend people reading Shopmaster's answers in the comment section of this article.

I need to reply to Shopmaster's excellent response but am just heading off somewhere, wish I checked it earlier!

If someone could post them in here so that everyone can see it'd be a great topic of discussion and something that will please a lot of Madden gamers... At least in the sense that we have someone we can trust in Shopmaster asking the important questions.

Again, I'd like to give a massive thank you to Shopmaster for his excellent work.

Most definitely, these are the comments that stood out to me.

Shopmaster: Is there progressive fatigue in the game, because I ran the ball 40+ times and my fatigue meter was the same amount as it was at the beginning of the game as it was in the 4th qtr. How does fatigue meter work, because maybe it is working like it's supposed to. I also went into practice mode (offense only) and put the ball on the 1. I did a dive and ran from one endzone to the other and then I ran from one endzone to the other holding the sprint button. The fatigue meter in my opinion wasn't that much difference by the time I got to the endzone both time. Clearing holding the sprint button drained more, but not by that much. I was using Arian Foster. I think there should be more fatigue drainage when holding sprint and it should run out before you run 100 yards, no matter who it is.

Rex:

Let’s start with an important distinction. Although fatigue and stamina are linked, they are two separate systems. The stamina meter (that’s what you see in game on the player ring, this is NOT fatigue) is more about how
much energy you expend on a given play. This impacts your overall fatigue, which is the ‘over the course of the game’ energy system that is tied to substitutions, injuries, fumble chances, etc. The biggest hits to your fatigue meter are performing precision moves and holding down the acceleration burst button. There is an important note here, as once you reach 100% speed, the acceleration burst action doesn’t do anything for you other than reduce your stamina. If you are low stamina (in the red on the meter) on a given play, you will actually play slower/sloppier evasion move animations and your top speed will go down slightly.

So fatigue is tied to injuries and fumbles but constantly using your stamina affects your fatigue.

Chris
Great news shop, one question though regarding the qb running in general. Last year people could run qb's straight into a linebacker with the only risk/reward factor being a simple tackle. When has ANY qb in NFL history ran towards a linebacker heads up in a RB style and not been punished for it? Like when Ngata made RG3 pay for not going out of bounds last year, if you do that in Madden 13 not only will Ngata not crush him or make him fumble but he might even catch a stiff arm/shrug off type of animation. If you are the QB and you choose to run and do not slide when embracing contact, rather its a DB running full steam into you or a LB, you should face the consequences. If not why would any QB ever slide in real life knowing they can run directly into a full steamed defender and shrug him off? When Vick doesn't get down what happens? How about RG3? Biggest part for defense against the option is putting that fear in the QB's mind.

Shopmaster Mod Chris • 18 hours ago −
If funny you ask that. When I visited Austin to play in May I ran the Pistol Offense exclusively and ran with RG3 15 times and he did not fumble once. I sent an email to Rex voicing the same concern. People should be forced to slide and there should be immediate ramifications if you don't. No way I should have gotten hit 15 times and not 1 single fumble. Here was Rex's reply:

This has recently been tuned to provide a bigger penalty for
QB’s who don’t slide when running with the football. Fumble chances are there,
but injuries are the true risk here. I strongly recommend playing close
attention to your QB’s overall fatigue before you take off running every play,
as losing a starting QB is a heavy price to pay for forgetting to
slide.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Most definitely, these are the comments that stood out to me.

Chris
Great news shop, one question though regarding the qb running in general. Last year people could run qb's straight into a linebacker with the only risk/reward factor being a simple tackle. When has ANY qb in NFL history ran towards a linebacker heads up in a RB style and not been punished for it? Like when Ngata made RG3 pay for not going out of bounds last year, if you do that in Madden 13 not only will Ngata not crush him or make him fumble but he might even catch a stiff arm/shrug off type of animation. If you are the QB and you choose to run and do not slide when embracing contact, rather its a DB running full steam into you or a LB, you should face the consequences. If not why would any QB ever slide in real life knowing they can run directly into a full steamed defender and shrug him off? When Vick doesn't get down what happens? How about RG3? Biggest part for defense against the option is putting that fear in the QB's mind.

Shopmaster Mod Chris • 18 hours ago −
If funny you ask that. When I visited Austin to play in May I ran the Pistol Offense exclusively and ran with RG3 15 times and he did not fumble once. I sent an email to Rex voicing the same concern. People should be forced to slide and there should be immediate ramifications if you don't. No way I should have gotten hit 15 times and not 1 single fumble. Here was Rex's reply:

This has recently been tuned to provide a bigger penalty for
QB’s who don’t slide when running with the football. Fumble chances are there,
but injuries are the true risk here.
I strongly recommend playing close
attention to your QB’s overall fatigue before you take off running every play,
as losing a starting QB is a heavy price to pay for forgetting to
slide.
I am so glad to read Rex's response in the bold, in spite of Shop's error about fumbles versus injury. Just because RG3 got hit 15 times, shouldn't directly correlate to a fumbles but it should injury, like Rex stated. Like I have been saying forever, fumbles should be about the way the player is carrying the football at the time of the hit and the actual contact the defender has on the football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »