Home

NBA Live 14 Confirmed For Release on Xbox One and PS4 Only

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Confirmed For Release on Xbox One and PS4 Only within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
If what they showed during the XBox One reveal was any indication of what to expect, I will still be playing 2K for years to come.

My biggest thing is at least get the player models correct.

If you've been trying to make lasagna for 3 years and your finished product is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every time, try using different ingredients...or different chefs.

I hope, for the good of next gen in basketball, they make a solid game.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 19
So they are banking on folks running out and buying these new consoles in this financial climate.
"Uhmm......."

So after a horrible exit on these consoles, there will be "NO" Demo for most of the gaming community to see/play their game.

EA has the whole history of this Gen Console of barely being sub-par with the standard setters and from the few media info releases of Live 14, whether early builds or whatever, it still looks like an con't effort to milk the gaming community with little baby step improvements.

I have not seen any "WOW" factor concerning this game at all.
It's almost like they've ported over 2010 because everything looks the same.
Player Models and cartoonish skin look exactly the same as on the current consoles.

At least blow peoples minds away with the Visuals!!!

Oh well, it's not like I'm running out to buy one of these new consoles just to get my hands on an EA Sports game.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 14 Confirmed For Release on Xbox One and PS4 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
So they are banking on folks running out and buying these new consoles in this financial climate.
"Uhmm......."
You underestimate people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #12
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 14 Confirmed For Release on Xbox One and PS4 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I'm hoping it will be playable at E3.
Highly doubt it. Way too risky. At most, you maybe get the old Brandon Jennings (right-handed) dribbling around on a court by himself.

Quote:
"If I look at our path, we had a lot of disruption," O'Brien said. "The game moved from Vancouver to Orlando after limited success and some failure. We retooled our management team and our roster. And we're going to see some success this year. But in a couple years? Look out. We're going to be in a position where I think we'll be redefining this category."
^^aka, Mike Wang left the game and took his ball with him.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 0
cannot get over how terrible these graphics look!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #14
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
pisses me off a bit to be honest. Not everyone is made of money and can afford a brand new next gen system. I'm a huge NBA nut and, although I don't expect much from this game, it may be a while before I can afford a PS4.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
They are taking the right path IMHO. At least we know their game is being built for the next gen unlike 2k which I'm sure will still be the better game will just be a quick port over to the next gen consoles with nothing new and current gen graphics.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 2k take a year off in the sense of just putting out a game with small tweaks and nothing new. Not as bad as MLB 2k13 but not the jump you'd expect to see on a new console.

On a side note for those saying they aren't made of money. Sell your current gen systems now. Cut back on your habits maybe you smoke or drink or get fast food for lunch at work. The average person who's not on public assistance can save 50-100 bucks a month by doing some simple budget cutting. You'd be surprised what kinda money you can save if you sit down and look at the stupid stuff you spend your money on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #16
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chello97217
They are taking the right path IMHO. At least we know their game is being built for the next gen unlike 2k which I'm sure will still be the better game will just be a quick port over to the next gen consoles with nothing new and current gen graphics.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 2k take a year off in the sense of just putting out a game with small tweaks and nothing new. Not as bad as MLB 2k13 but not the jump you'd expect to see on a new console.

On a side note for those saying they aren't made of money. Sell your current gen systems now. Cut back on your habits maybe you smoke or drink or get fast food for lunch at work. The average person who's not on public assistance can save 50-100 bucks a month by doing some simple budget cutting. You'd be surprised what kinda money you can save if you sit down and look at the stupid stuff you spend your money on.
How about a college kid with no current employment. I don't drink or smoke at all and eat out very little. There are also many games already out there for PS3 that I'd like to have that are either already out or coming out and there are many games on my PS3 I hold close and don't plan on selling that system at all as the PS4 won't be backwards compatible. It's much harder than you realize.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »