Home

NBA Live 14 Confirmed For Release on Xbox One and PS4 Only

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Confirmed For Release on Xbox One and PS4 Only within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 14 Confirmed For Release on Xbox One and PS4 Only

It's a good thing their staying on next gen. FOCUS ON ONE GENERATION CONSOLE.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
How about a college kid with no current employment. I don't drink or smoke at all and eat out very little. There are also many games already out there for PS3 that I'd like to have that are either already out or coming out and there are many games on my PS3 I hold close and don't plan on selling that system at all as the PS4 won't be backwards compatible. It's much harder than you realize.
That's the choice you gotta make man. You can either keep your current system and games and buy games for it or you can dump it like myself so you can get one of the systems. I love my 360 but you know I want one of the next gens so I have to give in and let it go. At least with 360 I know I can get a new one later on for like 100 bucks.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #19
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chello97217
That's the choice you gotta make man. You can either keep your current system and games and buy games for it or you can dump it like myself so you can get one of the systems. I love my 360 but you know I want one of the next gens so I have to give in and let it go. At least with 360 I know I can get a new one later on for like 100 bucks.
Well, I hold my PS3 close and with all the data I have on it and the many games I have and plan to get I can't bring myself to sell that. That being said I have been saving what I've been able to for a few months now and I also had a bit before that. However, my plan was to get a 3ds soon (I've already purchased a game for it I got a good deal on) and then a PS4 sometime next year and then a Wii U after that. However, if upcoming releases in the near future are all going to next gen it puts a damper on those plans. I'm a big Nintendo guy but my sports gaming comes first. I'm going to have to save all I can and buy a PS4 first that will pretty much break me and I don't know when I'd be able to get a Wii U or 3ds after that. Plus it looks like a Smash Bros. game may be announced at E3 which makes the Wii U a must have for me. At this point I can only really afford one or maybe two but not all three. It's going to be a while for me before I'm completely next gen.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 30
In a sense, a next gen only game will be costly because there are usually a 'minor amount' of early adopters, and even smaller amount of sports gamers in that group, but I intend to be one of em. Heh. However, if they make this game good enough to entice the later adopters who are sports gamers, they'll be alright. I'm sure they have reasonable numbers for projected sales.

All that said, I'm still eager to see what they pull of with Live 14 and I look at it as the first step toward getting the EA vs 2K rivalry rejuvenated! Lol
Old 06-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #21
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3
Kevin Love in that shot looks like a Middle Schooler baller
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #22
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
I love nba 2k but I want and hope live makes a significant return. Better games are usually made when competition is involved. That being said the look of the cg trailer and the stiff movements make me shake my head a little. It almost looks like an anime version of a nba video game.hopefully it's not a real representation of the final product. I'd be a little shocked if it's playable at e3 but I definitely think it'll be demoed.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
I love nba 2k but I want and hope live makes a significant return. Better games are usually made when competition is involved. That being said the look of the cg trailer and the stiff movements make me shake my head a little. It almost looks like an anime version of a nba video game.hopefully it's not a real representation of the final product. I'd be a little shocked if it's playable at e3 but I definitely think it'll be demoed.
What part looked stiff to you? I downloaded the clip put it into a video editor, slowed it down and the movement was better than anything we have today.

The only part that looked bad was the scoop shot, and that's because the guy that did the edit on the video did some pause and pan out that made it look worse than it was, but the rest of it looked fine. The cross over looked really good.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #24
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
What part looked stiff to you? I downloaded the clip put it into a video editor, slowed it down and the movement was better than anything we have today.

The only part that looked bad was the scoop shot, and that's because the guy that did the edit on the video did some pause and pan out that made it look worse than it was, but the rest of it looked fine. The cross over looked really good.
that's not helping when viewed at normal speed... youre adding variables.. such as slowing down til it looks good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »