Home

FIFA 14 Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Precision Movement Blog (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Precision Movement Blog (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: FIFA 14 Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Precision Movement Blog (Xbox 360, PS3,

After buying FIFA 13, they haven't shown me any reason to pick up '14.

They need something groundbreaking for '15 to liven things up. Getting really stale.

Especially the AI where every single team plays alike.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #10
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: FIFA 14 Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Precision Movement Blog (Xbox 360, PS3,

My favorite sports game. Insta-buy.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 06-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #11
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

The trailer looks awesome, however I am no longer getting dumbied into the hype that these games create any longer. Unless I see that FIFA has changed the pace of the game depending on the teams and players, instead of the ping pong match that it provides, I will not purchase it on console ever again.

FIFA and NHL are the same two games, except obviously FIFA is on a field. Both games are back and forth back and forth with very little need for strategy, few whistles, no team styles, no player styles, etc. It's just a ping pong match. It's fun if you are going to play drunk with your friends but not if you want to play the CPU for a real game of soccer. I will stick with FIFA 13 on my laptop with low end graphics but way better gameplay due to the customization and editing. That will no question suffice me until the day that the FIFA developers actually get this game to play like the sport. Maybe that will happen this year, but I'm not counting on it. I have hope that PES will accomplish this part of the game at some point, but not FIFA. The main thing holding FIFA back is that for as many hardcore soccer fans there are, there are just as many if not more casual fans that they need to market to. It's basically the theme for all EA games.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 06-07-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Precision movement will be a real game-changer if they can pull it off, also the pure shot feature looks really nice.

I can understand that the lack of "big" features may be disappointing to casual fans, but EA really needs to focus on the fundamentals instead of coming up with new gimmicks.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

"This eliminates the unrealistic foot sliding that occurred in previous years..."

And there ya go... I wrote a couple weeks back that EA would market FIFA 13.5 by pointing out how borked previous versions of the game were. Because if they do that, gamers who were planning on hold off until the PS4/Xbox One version comes out in January, miiight just be inclined to pick this baby up as well in the meantime. So predictable, lol.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

"The most immediate difference in FIFA 14 is how the pace of the game has changed. Precision Movement acts as the foundation and works in harmony with Teammate Intelligence and Protect the Ball, resulting in a more realistic and organic build-up throughout each play."

This sounds particularly promising given how badly this series needs this. But I'll be amazed if they can actually accomplish this with the current-gen game. FIFA is and always has been a one-dimensional arcade fest as far a CPU tactics and play buildup goes. And a big part of that seems to be the limitations of the current game engine.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0KU
Wow this is exactly the same game. The disappointing this is that EA sports loves to rename features that were put into the game years ago to make it seam new and innovative. Every year its a "complete dribbling.. total control dribbling.. evasive performance dribbling..Unprecedented total control 100% dribbling" its a joke really
Yeah, this. Anything that contributes to the Street Fighter combo moves masquerading as football = crap that makes FIFA less enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
FIFA13 on the PC was great because you could heavily tweak the game, add missing kits, players, tweak the ai, stamina and growth, etc., no reason to buy a console version anymore...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »