Home

Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Adrian Peterson Cover

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Adrian Peterson Cover within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
It says actual gameplay footage but it's still tough to figure things out when it's all closeup replay angles. Still looks great and as long as the features aren't all stripped out, i'll wait and get Madden on the PS4 to get my football fix this year.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 25 Trailer - E3 2013: Gameplay - Xbox One & PS4

All I can say is I'm much more interested in this than the 360/PS3 version of the game.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
ok i have to say it - EA just realized that if a back runs into the line they should try to slide off the line man and not run in place - awesome 2k5 much?
Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #20
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Oh yay, they show us a minute of "actual game play" and we already get to see a canned animation with jumping over the goal line at the pylon. Already spotted several uniform mistakes (the cover athlete pretty much had all wrong uniform with number font being wrong and helmet being off).

I hope the game play is boss or else this could be a long winter for next gen football. I'd like to see RGIII coming up to the line and snapping his chinstrap or putting in his mouthpiece after pulling it from his facemask. I want to see some weather elements. It better be dynamic this time around. No excuse to go a whole gen without dynamic weather. I want to see gang tackles work right, too.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

The info I'm waiting for is how will the sideline and crowd be different.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yea not really impressed. But still Looking forward to seeing how it comes along in the coming months
Old 06-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #23
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I looked at the video again, I really like the foot-planting, loved the way Marshawn Lynch was studder stepping. The Player Sense feature is really nice too and I liked the way the defensive ends were rushing the Qb, like how Alton Smith was going for the strip while being blocked, looked liked DeMarcus Ware. So far I liked what they showed today, it gives me a little confidence, but I still need to see more, im not totally sold. I really hope they didn't ignore WR/DB interactions, I wonder if the Player Sense feature can be used for that, AI still needs to be show cased, I still need to see the sidelines, and of course off the field features like Owner Mode and Presentation.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #24
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewb27
Some of you guys need to be checked....great graphics, foot planting, and the line play looks light years advanced. Exactly what OS always clamors for, and still complaints. Better yet, this is the launch title to next gen...this is what's they're going to be able to build off of for years to come. Color me impressed....
It's amazing what advertisers are able to sell these days with unique propaganda. You have to recognize the techniques that these companies use to sell you a product, eliminate them, and look at the product for what it really is.

One technique that EA uses to mask a lot of their problems is using custom camera angles and quick transitions to hide flaws in the game. Obviously, the trailer is going to show the best of the best that the game has to offer, but I want to know what I'll be getting 24/7. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

This "new running" is not very "new" and is still very flawed in my opinion. The foot planting looks very good, weight appears to play out in the animations, but the form of running is not how any NFL coach would teach his players to run with the football.

Line play looks much better, but it's not great. It's still largely animation based, and ratings don't appear to be as much of a factor. (I know it's early, but just my first impressions.) Justin Smith is getting manhandled by Alfred Morris, who was very average in pass protection last season. Just because the blocking may look more realistic, it doesn't mean it will play more realistically. Until I see a varied arsenal of moves from edge rushers, DT's no longer overpowered, and edge rushers fast and explosive, I will not be that impressed.

All in all, this is very much so a HYPE trailer as opposed to a GAMEPLAY trailer. If you're going to market it as the latter, don't give me dramatic music and shots of RG3 yelling out his cadence. That is PRESENTATION, which is a critical element in advertising and hype. The lack of urgency on EA's part to reveal footage of concrete gameplay in their trailer signals to me that they don't have much to be proud of.

My 2 cents...

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »