Home

NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #25
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Top 15 Players in NCAA Football 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They all too damn high......But then again they are always too high every year.
While I definitely would prefer the ratings to be lower, given the progression in dynasty, I don't think that these are too high. There's only 1 99 in this bunch. I've had bunches of guys in my offline and online dynasties that were rated 99, and that's with me not allowed to sway anyone that wants to leave early (which obviously would've drastically increased my # of 99s.

Below is my latest 99 and while he's very good, he's no Clowney and it'd be dumb if he was rated higher than Clowney.

Hell, I have 6 95+ guys on my team right now and there are 18 guys on the 8 USER teams in 2023 that are 95+. Again, we're not allowed to sway guys so this could be far worse. If there are more than 18 95+ guys in the future of dynasty, starting with 14 certainly isn't too many. Of course the best solution is to start lower and have less progression, but with the current progression, we need to start with high rated players.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2023 berg.PNG (50.9 KB, 206 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #26
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Top 15 Players in NCAA Football 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
agreed. i wish ncaa and madden would be cooperative in their ratings.

a 99 should be best in the world, all-timer type player, and should never happen in college.

i dont think there should be a cap on college players, but very rarely should any of them be in the 90's, and the elite should usually be in the mid-high 80's where most good-not-great pro's are. maybe a handful each year. those that would play and impact from day 1 in nfl, like clowney, julio/aj green a few years back, cam newton, luck/rg3, etc.

most players should be in 60's/70's, with the good in the high 70's/low 80's, and elite in mid/high 80's, with a rare low 90 player like peterson and manning.

as for those ratings, relative to each other, doesn't look bad. clowney is clearly the best player, followed by manziel and a handful of other good qb's and a few tackles.
I disagree completely with this. I think the 2 games should have 2 sets of ratings. The scales are (and should be) relative. A 99 in Madden should be the best to ever play in the NFL. Likewise a 99 in NCAA should be the best to ever play in the NCAA. There should be 90s in NCAA, which are the elite NCAA players (regardless of how they'd rate in Madden). A player's NCAA grade should have nothing to do with the NFL (since, of course, this isn't the NFL). A Pat White or Charlie Ward should be rated very highly in NCAA, even though they wouldn't be in Madden.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

Say what you want about Braxton Miller's throwing ratings (a bit high, sure) but his running ratings are way low. 83 elusiveness? And you can't tell me Manziel is faster
Old 06-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Teddy should have been the second best qb.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #29
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Strictly based off top speed, yes I'd say BM is faster, but I think Manziel is quicker.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #30
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by freernnur5
Everything looks good to me except this one point when discussing Braxton Miller:

"Miller is a very good passer (91 Throw Power, 84 Throw Accuracy)"

He is an excellent runner as a QB, but not that good as a passer. He finished tied for 43rd in the country in passer rating at 140.5 (McCarron was #1 at 175.3). His YPA of 8.0 is tied for 25th with 9 other QBs. His completion percentage of 58.3% was good for 80th in the country.

Do those stats really show someone who is a very good passer to you?

I know I am a Michigan fan so this may sound like the homer in me talking. He is a very good QB because of his legs and that opens throwing opportunities for him, but to say he is a very good passer is a little laughable.

Just compare that year of his to Denard Robinson's from 2011 (2012 he was injured for 5 games and was not a QB so the stats aren't a fair comparison).

2011 - 55.0%, 8.4 YPA, 139.7 passer rating.

Keep in mind Denard had 15 ints that year to sink his passer rating as opposed to the 6 Miller had in 2012. Everyone, including myself would admit Denard Robinson is not a very good passer. He was electric because of his legs first and foremost.
Braxton Miller received OSU love that's the only way he is breaking 90 overall. I'm from Ohio and even I can't stand the hype he's been getting lately.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #31
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, i hope a 99 DE is useful this year.

Last edited by NikeBlitz; 06-11-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #32
Rookie

BigGamecock's Arena

OVR: 1

Clowney -99

should have been a 100...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »