Home

Cam Weber: Madden NFL 25 on Next-Gen Will be Fully Featured

This is a discussion on Cam Weber: Madden NFL 25 on Next-Gen Will be Fully Featured within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Cam Weber: Madden NFL 25 on Next-Gen Will be Fully Featured

Greg Miller of IGN sat down with Cam Weber on the IGN set at E3 to talk Madden NFL 25 and what the Ignite Engine means to next-gen Madden.

"(The Ignite Engine) is best in class tech from all of our franchises," Weber said.

The new locomotion system within the new generation of Madden was developed by both the Madden and FIFA teams alongside each other. Weber was particularly high on the new system, "The thing that makes Madden feel special on Gen-4 is our new true step locomotion sytem," Weber said. "You have much more control over every move."

Weber said that Player Sense makes 50x more calculations a second than Madden on current gen.

"It's like taking the blindfold off. They (digital players) can see the entire field, all the players and objects around them and they can react on the fly to what everyone else is doing," Weber said.

Weber said the additional power allows for the extra calculations from players and the new physics engine, which will add more depth than ever to Madden NFL Football.

When asked about what this could mean on a practical level, Weber elaborated on the line play, "The line of scrimmage has so much going on this year, whether it's run blocking or pass blocking it's completely overhauled."

Weber went on to talk about pocket awareness and pre-snap targeting and how offensive linemen will dynamically change assignments starting from the center outwards, just like in real football. This dynamic shifting of assignments continues as the snap occurs as well, Weber said.

And the big one, when asked about the generational leap and the possibly of features lost, Weber responded, "It will be a fully featured Madden right out of the gate. We're not losing any depth."

Weber said Connected Franchise was built with this generation in mind, so there won't be any depth lost as you upgrade from the current generation to Madden on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

While we've long suspected this was the case, it's nice to officially hear that Madden will be losing no depth as it makes the generational leap.

How does this affect your perception of the upcoming next-gen Madden?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Cam Weber: Madden NFL 25 on Next-Gen Will be Fully Featured

This means I'll probably skip current gen and just get the next-gen Madden, forbid there being many bugs.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
LOL. That video looked like garbage.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Nice to hear that it's fully featured but I would've thought that video was current gen.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Well... if it wasn't for imported draft classes I would pass on the current gen.

Instead it looks like I'll be buying two copies of Madden this year.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

There is no hope for football games. I'm just being honest, it's unbelievably same-old same-old looking, it's been almost a decade... the camera too is just so tired, it is SO pulled back from the action. Is that actually supposed to impress ANYONE? Other genres are putting out Watchdogs, GTA V, Skyrim, etc etc ... and they think they can just shovel out the same crap?

This franchise exemplifies the worst things about the industry. I guess another 8+ years will go by where football and videogames will not mix in my house.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Good to know that Madden25 next gen aint going to be strip down like Madden06 was. Hope owner mode makes it in as well. But I love what I' hearing right now.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm impressed you guys. Everything I saw looked real smooth and fluid. Color me excited. Although I may not get a next gen console till next year. Still though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »