Home

E3 2013: Hands-On with FIFA 14 on Xbox One

This is a discussion on E3 2013: Hands-On with FIFA 14 on Xbox One within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
Did you play with manual controls? I mean, manual controls are still available, right?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: E3 2013: Hands-On with FIFA 14 on Xbox One

Any adjustment to the lack of 'one footed' players in FIFA?

Everyone seems to be so proficient and comfortable on both feet that it really detracts from the experience. I don't want to see Arjen Robben approaching a neutral ball and hitting a crossfield pass on his right foot or having a pop with his right foot etc. etc.

Everyone on FIFA is so good with both feet
Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

In this day & age I expect professional clubs & players to play like their real-life counterparts.

I don't expect signature styles for your average BPL player or to capture Rayo Vallecano's team style but all the major players and clubs should somewhat resemble themselves. Imagine playing 2K and the Heat play like Grizzlies. We'd be up-in-arms about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #12
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
In this day & age I expect professional clubs & players to play like their real-life counterparts.

I don't expect signature styles for your average BPL player or to capture Rayo Vallecano's team style but all the major players and clubs should somewhat resemble themselves. Imagine playing 2K and the Heat play like Grizzlies. We'd be up-in-arms about it.
Not enough FIFA players take them to task about it, and I don't think they have Gamechangers for FIFA so there is no real link between the fans and the developers...
Old 06-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

The thing that gets me is that FIFA always get more critical acclaim despite the flaws in which you mention. Reviewers tend to look at the team licenses alone, rather than individuality with teams/players.

The "other game" does far more with less to work with imo.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy FIFA for the online manual play, but I always buy the other game for offline play. I wish I didn't need to buy two games every year.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 06-22-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
The thing that gets me is that FIFA always get more critical acclaim despite the flaws in which you mention. Reviewers tend to look at the team licenses alone, rather than individuality with teams/players.

The "other game" does far more with less to work with imo.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy FIFA for the online manual play, but I always buy the other game for offline play. I wish I didn't need to buy two games every year.
Agreed.

At some point we (consumers, footy fans, sports fans in general) need to demand more than licenses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »