Home

FIFA 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Fact Sheet Included

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Fact Sheet Included within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #17
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Fact Sheet Included

I don't think the graphics are an issue.

Personally, I don't mind FIFA's cartoony graphics, so long as they can implement things like moving hair and have actual visible shirt tugs. I'd also like to see the inclusion of real injury physics like I'm assuming UFC will have, where a collision of boot to head will equal pain and possibly blood.
I doubt FIFA (the org) will want this in a representation of their sport, but it'd be great for immersion.

I have stated this before but will do so again anyway, but I just want to see players' preferred foot actually mattering, both for the CPU and for Human players.

If I'm Arjen Robben I need to instinctively move the ball onto my left foot because my right foot will be redundant. Anything I do with my right foot should cost me, although being so one footed should also cost me when it comes turning it back onto my left to line up a shot. At the moment I can happily move onto Robben's right foot and do some damage.

Its such a small thing but I remember on PS2 with PES how crucial it was to play to your player's strengths and abilities, especially with their foot.

I'd also like to see a greater disparity in play styles, with each one having its own benefits. I know Barcelona 'play the best football' and possession football is all the rage but I'd love to counter that with some real route one, tough as nails, men behind the ball, 'park the bus in front of goal' football.

In terms of Career Mode, I am expecting on next gen the inclusion of an online based career mode that I can play with friends, just like Madden's CFM.

FIFA is so good at most things but there are some core things that need addressing, especially individuality and diversity of gameplay.

I'd also like to see the removal of generic boots. Can't stand seeing any player not wearing licensed boots, even if they're inaccurate, just give them something standard.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
I have stated this before but will do so again anyway, but I just want to see players' preferred foot actually mattering, both for the CPU and for Human players.

If I'm Arjen Robben I need to instinctively move the ball onto my left foot because my right foot will be redundant. Anything I do with my right foot should cost me, although being so one footed should also cost me when it comes turning it back onto my left to line up a shot.
I play as a FW in FIFA 13 with a very poor (1 star) left foot shot, and I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my left. I always have to shift to my right foot if I want any chance of scoring. So I don't understand what you're speaking about here.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #19
MVP

infemous's Arena

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/06/13/...n-live-e3-2013

Here is some next gen gameplay footage.

I didn't know Iniesta was left footed...
Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #20
MVP

infemous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I play as a FW in FIFA 13 with a very poor (1 star) left foot shot, and I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my left. I always have to shift to my right foot if I want any chance of scoring. So I don't understand what you're speaking about here.
Its more about players' ability to control the ball. You never see a player's tendency to move the ball onto their right foot to attempt to pass.

Many times I can be in control of the ball and turn direction, making my player kick it with his left inaccurately when a slight body adjustment would open up the right foot shot/pass.

I remember being able to do this in PES on PS2 but for some reason on FIFA I can't rely on my player knowing to use his stronger foot.

Likewise with CPU players they often have no kind of idea which foot to use.

The video I posted above of the IGN Next Gen gameplay footage shows Iniesta using the outside of his boot to pass, which is cool and everything, but he could also very easily have knocked it with his right foot, which I think he'd be more inclined to do in real life.

Here is a quick little video that shows just how heavily Iniesta favours his right foot. Its a very common element of football that EA ignores.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d_iGYLGs2A

On an unrelated note I hope they fix penalty animations and the crossing animation where they swing their legs so wildly... I am not the best football player but I only kick the ball like that if I'm joking.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/06/13/...n-live-e3-2013

Here is some next gen gameplay footage.

I didn't know Iniesta was left footed...
Now that looks pretty good. My hopes are back up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2013, 02:10 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Looks awesome but as usual too much attention on attacking and less on whether the other defenders will be smart enough to actually get a clean sheet once in a while? Also all the players using their off foots is typical, will EA ever address this?
Old 06-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
MVP

infemous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
Looks awesome but as usual too much attention on attacking and less on whether the other defenders will be smart enough to actually get a clean sheet once in a while? Also all the players using their off foots is typical, will EA ever address this?
THANK YOU.

No one else seems to notice it for some reason...

but yes some defensive additions are much needed, especially a way to engrain a sort of 'defensive culture' into your team.

The wrong foot thing really bugs me...
Old 06-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
some defensive additions are much needed, especially a way to engrain a sort of 'defensive culture' into your team.
Create a high defense formation with 7 backs and 3 dmfs.
Set team custom tactics defense pressure to 1.
Set user line height slider to 100 and line length to 0.
Use the d-pad in-game to select ultra defensive tactics.
Presto!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »