Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #17
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs

Outside of the camera I saw little difference from '13

Still zig-zag running on the first run play

Upright running animations for bigger guys (Miami's TE)

That dreaded stand-up animation that triggers way too often. If that happened in a real game the HB's legs would be toast.

The intro looked more fluid and TV-esque. Punt return blocking looked a little improved too.

EDIT: Actually the intro does look pretty poor. Didn't notice that it was UGA vs Miami, lol.

Last edited by KG; 06-14-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

If each team gets a presentation bit like Georgia, wow, that looked really nice.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #19
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
don't want to derail the thread, just head over the Generic Editor thread, it's all there.

Watched again, keying on OL/DL play this time.
Something that will help enhance the interaction in the interior we see here a little more.

Maxing out the Run Defense will help the DL get a more realistic push on Run plays, at the same time lowering the Tackle for the DL to "0" will cause more Break Tackle/Re-Balancing etc... animations to run through more frequently. (they still will be able to make tackles, just opens the Animation Vault).

Love how at this Cam angle, we are given more field to do things with.

Will be interesting to see how Stamina will play a role (beyond sub-out) with this greater field space.
If as advertised, getting a playmaker with high Stamina will be important as he will stay on the field longer.
Option pitches are now even more deadlier with the under-the-hood adjustments we can do to the AI now.
Only hope field awareness is really utilized by AI runners to use the whole field.
Will this work on ncaa 14 tho?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Outside of the camera I saw little difference from '13

Still zig-zag running on the first run play

Upright running animations for bigger guys (Miami's TE)

That dreaded stand-up animation that triggers way too often. If that happened in a real game the HB's legs would be toast.

The intro looked more fluid and TV-esque. Punt return blocking looked a little improved too.
I'll piggyback off of this, KG - the presentation is the same as 13 it seems. They added the thing that FIFA does before the games where it previews the two teams playing - like it can see into the future of what the game will look like. That is just laziness to be honest; what is so hard to show players warming up with cut scenes instead? FIFA should do the same.

Cut scenes in general are at that field level looking up - just unrealistic; watch any ESPN game and you will see that maybe once or twice a game, not for every single replay.

No true foot planting either - which does make a difference it would seem with how Madden is approaching.

I really like the graphics though, the grass/turf is starting to take shape.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1
The "new" NCAA looks like NCAA 2006 in HD! And that's not a bad thing! I've been saying it....if there were ever a year to GET NCAA and Madden, it's this one. As good as NCAA looks, what've i've seen of Madden 25 on 360 looks even better.

Again, thank you EA for FINALLY getting me excited to play your games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #22
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Like I said in the other thread, my 2 least favorite teams in one game. Yuck! Game looks awesome, counting the days and can't wait for Tuesday!
I agree to both lol
Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #23
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Wasn't this video already posted in another thread? Or am I mistaken, I can't watch unless I'm on a computer so I could be mistaken
Old 06-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Wasn't this video already posted in another thread? Or am I mistaken, I can't watch unless I'm on a computer so I could be mistaken
First time i've seen it. Shoot, with as limited as the information on NCAA 14 has been...I welcome anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »