Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 E3 Trailer

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 E3 Trailer within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 30
I guess the cloth grabbing tech got downgraded to shoulder grabbing tech, no? Heh....
Old 06-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #10
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 E3 Trailer

Yep, gotta have it!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't think I ever seen PES move or look THIS good. And watching that build up play from the CPU in another video I am convinced!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #12
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Guys, IGN's write up below.. This game is looking so amazing...

In Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, the pressures of playing at the top of the game can have an impact on performance, both as individuals and as a team. As the season progresses you’ll witness teams riding a high after a big win against a bitter rivals, or after knocking in a hat-trick against a team sitting higher than them in the league. But your fortunes could change in a split second with the highs quickly turning to lows when morale drops after a crushing defeat. It’s the kind of thing that happens week in, week out in football leagues across the world, and it’s one way PES 2014 is attempting to be more realistic than before.

Naturally, some teams and indeed individual players are better equipped to cope with the emotional strain of playing at the highest level, but when the cracks start appearing the differences are noticeable. A clumsy shot here, mistiming a challenge there… Subtle details that together make it tougher to play exactly the way you want to, and you’ll have to weather the storm if you want to top the table season after season.

There’s also an additional layer of strategy compared to last year’s game, with players given greater control over how their entire team works together rather than as individuals. You’re now able to implement both and attacking and defensive strategy plans that can dramatically change the outcome on the pitch. For example, if the team you’re playing against has a star player you can tell up to three players to close them down when they get the ball; alternatively, get two players to pressure the ball while the third blocks off any potential passes. The options are near limitless, you just need to spend time playing around with the tactics systems to figure out what works best for you.

Konami has been vocal about how PES 2014 is now running on a variation of the FOX Engine and the differences are noticeable from the moment you start playing. Players are more detailed and their facial expressions reflect their mood on the pitch more accurately, so if the ref gives away a contentious decision they’ll scream so vocally you can see the anger in their face. Animation is more fluid too, and the prescribed way players interacted with the ball is thing of the past, and is far more flowing this year.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #13
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
First day purchase.
Yup First Day Buy. Done deal
Old 06-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
Yup First Day Buy. Done deal
Same here, I have no doubt this will be miles better than FIFA. It always has been for me, but the clunky graphics and animations always stopped me playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »