Home

Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th

This is a discussion on Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th

Got this myself, and seem to have stumbled onto a massive bug. When going for goal, if the ball bounces then goes over the cross bar, it still counts from a penalty.

I am quite enjoying it though. I am struggling a little but that is more due to the fact Rugby League is my sport, so trying to adapt is taking a while!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #18
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners
Got this myself, and seem to have stumbled onto a massive bug. When going for goal, if the ball bounces then goes over the cross bar, it still counts from a penalty.

I am quite enjoying it though. I am struggling a little but that is more due to the fact Rugby League is my sport, so trying to adapt is taking a while!
Here's a hint: You get more than 6 tackles to score.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Here's a hint: You get more than 6 tackles to score.
Haha, thanks! The only thing that's really troublesome at the moment is the fact I keep running away from my forwards so keep turning the ball over. When I make a break I forget which sport I'm playing and get all excited!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #20
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners
Haha, thanks! The only thing that's really troublesome at the moment is the fact I keep running away from my forwards so keep turning the ball over. When I make a break I forget which sport I'm playing and get all excited!
It's tempting to run away from support. A lot of the videos I've watched online seem to reflect this common tendency as well. It's tough to find success playing like the Reds every match. Kicking really is your friend. I find it gets the cpu a bit disorganized and you can get a few more phases on average out of each possession.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
It's tempting to run away from support. A lot of the videos I've watched online seem to reflect this common tendency as well. It's tough to find success playing like the Reds every match. Kicking really is your friend. I find it gets the cpu a bit disorganized and you can get a few more phases on average out of each possession.
It's more just trying to get out of the "bad" habits that are essentially good in League. The majority of the time I'm fine, particularly with kicking (seems quite a similar system to those involved in the previous Rugby League games, same developer anyway), but I think that's a lot more from real life experience than anything else!

Few things are bothering me at the minute, particularly players running out when getting the ball near the touchline. Another is the attacking lines some of the centres and wingers run if you're running diagonally or laterally at the line. They don't seem to give you angles to either go back inside or they seem to be miles away and the pass won't go near.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm not going to make the mistake I did last time and buy it day one. The first game was decent at best and I'm not sure how improved the game is. To me it still doesn't look particularly realistic.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Got my copy this afternoon, and have played a few games.

Some observations:

-Control and player movement is much better. Players feel heavier, and this leads to fewer large breaks and swerving type runs on higher difficulties.

-organization of players in open play and breakdowns is improved, thankfully

-cpu ai seems pretty decent attacking and defending, but I'll need to gather a larger sample size.

-Rucking is well improved, and the addition of removing players from the ruck is welcome

-tactics seem well implemented, but I need to spend more time exploring this aspect of the game.

-The visuals look great, but how come kits don't get dirty? This was in the last game and it looked great. If I'm playing in the rain I want to see my guys get covered in muck.

-So far this better resembles the game I wanted out of RC1. I'll definitely be playing this for a while.
The main problem for me was always the passing, what is it like this time around?

Old 06-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #24
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Passing's pretty much the same. Back line is usually very unorganised so you see passes to the man standing right beside you, especially from the AI.

Way too many turnovers. You can barely get multiple phases on one possession and even using the send runner right and left (cool addition) seems to increase the chances of a turnover rather the opposite.

Still a pretty fun game though but the restrictions are killing me. Sucks that I can't use players for the international teams with likeness in some leagues due to the restriction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »