Home

NBA Live 14 Video Interview with Gameplay Designer, Scott O'Gallagher

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Video Interview with Gameplay Designer, Scott O'Gallagher within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14 Video Interview with Gameplay Designer, Scott O'Gallagher

Yeah I understand... Id go into defense but I dont want to derail this thread or forum...

All remains to be seen for now
Old 06-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA focusing to much on 1 on 1 for my tastes. More of Live's arcade feel?
Old 06-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
I wish EA would focus more on the core of basketball than the showmanship and glamour of the game. Bouncetek I sounds good, but basketball is won by ball movement not 20 dribbles...dribbling is for the purpose to get from point a to b...dribbling is cool but that's how turnovers happen...that said I hope they put out a more than oh this is our 1st attempt at 4G...they had more than 2 years to deliver...then again maybe this is karma for having the NFL liscense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
I wish EA would focus more on the core of basketball than the showmanship and glamour of the game. Bouncetek I sounds good, but basketball is won by ball movement not 20 dribbles...dribbling is for the purpose to get from point a to b...dribbling is cool but that's how turnovers happen...that said I hope they put out a more than oh this is our 1st attempt at 4G...they had more than 2 years to deliver...then again maybe this is karma for having the NFL liscense.
What are you 65, dribbling is how turnovers happen lol. I am pretty sure turnovers happen because of bad basketball plays or errant mistakes such as poor passes, mishandeling the ball, offensive fouls, 3 seconds in the key. Having the ability to control the basketball does not mean it is focusing on showmanship, it is giving you an arsenal at your disposal. I remember in live 10 the handles were decent but the pick and roll scheme was even better. If anything 2k degenerates to star player 1 on 1 spam.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I still need to see actual 5-on-5 gameplay footage before I comment on NBA Live 14. Sure, the things discussed in the interview sound good, but I have to see how they work in the context of an actual game.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
if I never see that video of Kyrie Irving & a bunch of Ethiopians again, I will be a happy person. That video is pointless.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Yea, he could've meant Live 10, but I was talking about 2k. Too many times in 2k they strip you of control with animations. Not saying that it wasn't prevalent in Live 10, but its a huge issue in 2k also.
Totally agree. And it was because of the overbearing animations that 2K13 was the first NBA 2K game I didn't purchase since I first started buying games in the series with 2K3. And unless things change with the controls and animation, 2K14 will be the second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Or he could've meant Live 10 since that was EA's last game and thats exactly what happened there since they had the defensive recovery ratings WAY too high.
It happen in live 2010 and still happens in 2k today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »