Home

Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Q&A with Creative Director Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
But the things they are using to differentiate the games don't make any sense. I should be able to set the temp in Madden as well as NCAA, the no huddle system should be a shared technology, the ticker, the in game studio updates, the highlight packages, ect. It makes absolutely no sense to not include that stuff in both games.

If they have to leave out no brian features just to differentiate the NCAA and the NFL, then they really no to stop and think what makes these two different worlds of the sport special and unique. The atmosphere and pageantry alone is enough to make each game unique, not to mention the nuances of each level of play.
Fair enough. And to your point, the trend at EA seems to be toward combining development tools and platforms across games, not just Madden/NCAA, but sharing foot planting tech with FIFA for further customization to each game, etc.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Fair enough. And to your point, the trend at EA seems to be toward combining development tools and platforms across games, not just Madden/NCAA, but sharing foot planting tech with FIFA for further customization to each game, etc.
Yeah but that hasn't translated over to common sense feature equality, at least not yet. They have a shared central game play team, which is great but they are still unnecessarily differentiating elements in the two. It's not even like everyone that plays NCAA, plays Madden too and vice versa so not everyone would notice the similarities. However, for those that do or are interested to play both and would notice, that would actually be a positive in many areas, like the control layout, ratings categories, features, customization, etc. In a nutshell, the way they currently differentiate the games, intentionally putting elements that make sense in both, only in one or the other, is head scratching.

Not to get to deep into but it seems to me more equality between the games would allow for more to be done in both, similar to the justification used for CCM/CFM and combining the game play teams. Combine just about all the EA football teams, except for art and program each one respectively for collegiate and pro parameters.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

"When we introduce our new sidelines and crowd on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it’s not just going to be a static crowd and looping animation. They’re going to react to things happening, whether it’s exploding for a big play or deflating. It’s a huge focus for us, and something we’re going to blow out in Generation 4."

Very excited about this
Old 06-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Nice comments guys. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't slagging the article lol, I thought it was informative. I'm glad of any nugget of info we can get for the next gen versions, can't get enough, I think I'm too impatient.
Personally I can't wait to see what they've come up with. Actually not going to get the new PS3/Xbox version, and just wait till the next gen is released. The next 5 months are gonna drag in

I'll be taking a few days off work around release day I think lol
Old 06-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #21
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More

SOLD!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #22
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Yeah, but the other side of that is they do need to make the games somewhat distinct and unique. They'd get killed in public if everyone just saw NCAA as Madden with college player names and teams and some different playbooks.

I don't at all mind them having two teams internally that are somewhat distinct, with the ability to try to innovate a bit (and even compete with each other). The best results of that process could be adopted on both platforms. But reducing the differences between both title would probably be a mistake. They are alike enough, no need to make them even more alive.
I can understand that they want the games to be different so why not include some of the NCAA Football features in Madden and vice versa the next year? Just make some of the features a 1 year exclusive no excuse why Madden still does not have hurry up offense like NCAA Football, Super Sim, and more by now.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 06-20-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Riddick
SOLD!!!!!!!!!
IM NOT!!!It always sounds good in writing bro.Glad to see you are nontheless. No pun intended

Mega
Football is in the building.

Last edited by reddogmaddogbul; 06-20-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #24
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
IM NOT!!!It always sounds good in writing bro.Glad to see you are nontheless. No pun intended
I feel you bro, but honestly its been so long since ive purchased madden. Im kind of routing for them for next gen. But we'll see.

Last edited by Mr_Riddick; 06-20-2013 at 10:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »