Home

Next-Gen FIFA 14 Has Individual AI For All 11 Positions, No Plans For Kinect Motion

This is a discussion on Next-Gen FIFA 14 Has Individual AI For All 11 Positions, No Plans For Kinect Motion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Next-Gen FIFA 14 Has Individual AI For All 11 Positions, No Plans For Kinect Motion

David Rutter, Executive Producer of FIFA 14 wants to eventually bring unique AI for every player in the game, as mentioned in a recent interview with OPM. For now, FIFA 14 will bring individual AI for all 11 positions and you will be able to see the individuality between players such as Messi and Ronaldo.

Quote:
... at least FIFA 14 will have individualized AI for all 11 different positions on the field. ” The players on the pitch now operate as individuals that recognize what their team mates are all about, which is, I guess it’s a big freeing moment for us,” Rutter admits.

Big name stars in FIFA 14 will also be more unique this season. “If you’re talking about the individuality of, say the difference between a Messi and a Ronaldo, then definitely we are starting to get much more deeply into creating those customized players and personalities on the pitch.

According to Eurogamer, while there are plans to improve the voice Kinect controls for FIFA 14, don't expect to see any Kinect motion controls this year.

Quote:
We did voice last year. There are new capabilities of voice recognition in the new Kinect the team is trying to utilise to make sure we take that to the next level and give you an even greater level of control through voice in the game.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Sounds good but so does a lot of stuff EA says, but when you actually play the game doesn't work as advertised.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Next-Gen FIFA 14 Has Individual AI For All 11 Positions, No Plans For Kinect Moti

That would be great, if done correctly of course. Maybe then my back line won't get beaten because my defender wanted to see what life is like as a striker.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 30
Sounds lovely but gotta see how this pans out.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Next-Gen FIFA 14 Has Individual AI For All 11 Positions, No Plans For Kinect Moti

What in the hell is Individual AI for all 11 positions?

That sounds like some made up stuff IMO.

According to their ratings, all 11 positions should play differently now.

Differences between Ronaldo & Messi should be ratings based i.e. CR7 being better in the air, Messi being more agile, etc...

This seems like a very passive-aggressive approach to signature styles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
What in the hell is Individual AI for all 11 positions?

That sounds like some made up stuff IMO.

According to their ratings, all 11 positions should play differently now.

Differences between Ronaldo & Messi should be ratings based i.e. CR7 being better in the air, Messi being more agile, etc...

This seems like a very passive-aggressive approach to signature styles.
Sometimes I feel like the game programmers are hassled by marketing at EA on a daily basis:

"What are you guys programming today???"

"We are trying to get more authentic player profiles in-game."

"Awesome!! And there are 11 players on the field - so that means each player will have their own individual AI!!"

"Well, yes - that's a given..."

"Fantastic - we'll print that feature ASAP!!"

"W..wait; that's not what we meant..."

"Big bucks headed our way!!! See you tomorrow for individual BALL profiles and AI!!"

"Idiots."
Old 06-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
Rookie

BIGE888's Arena

this definitely sounds pretty awesome. but they NEED more defensive specific stats. you know how they have stats under skills, physical, and mental? they should put a whole separate defensive one. stats like communication, spacing, defensive awareness, anticipation. i swear if they had me on their team little details like this wouldn't get past nothing lol
Old 06-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

yea, they can hype it all they want but I ain't buying until I play it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »