Home

NBA Live 14 Executive Producer Talks Priorities, Synergy, Commitment & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Executive Producer Talks Priorities, Synergy, Commitment & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #9
Banned

22cowboys22's Arena

OVR: 8
crapola i say............let's see some five on five gameplay please
Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think it's safe to say live is back and going to be better than ever! Nba live will be nothing short of amazing!
The best has yet to come from nba live as well as nba 2k and both will deliver classics. We are in for a treat. The upcoming generation of gaming will be the golden age of gaming!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 14 Executive Producer Talks Priorities, Synergy, Commitment & More

Sounds good. The NBA Live that most gamers like is 10 so it's good to know that one of the head guys are back. What I really am going for with NBA Live 14 is that they make a single player mode. Like Be A Pro mode or something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #12
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
I think it's safe to say live is back and going to be better than ever! Nba live will be nothing short of amazing!
The best has yet to come from nba live as well as nba 2k and both will deliver classics. We are in for a treat. The upcoming generation of gaming will be the golden age of gaming!
Really bro smh lol

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited by Jano; 06-21-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #13
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

They're making very much sense to me.

So far at least.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

i think they are saying the right things right now im just ready to see some gameplay.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Agreed with the above comments ...

One of the parts I loved more was this:

If implemented correctly and propperly updated, this should do wonders for how the game plays, hopefully they have a good chunk of animations to go along with it and do propper justice to such effort.

He seems to at least have researched on what things are fans most critical of 2K: a biased, infrequent and selective roster update approach that even negates the stablished formulas and scales, that it is based on pure subjectiveness, which then results on such unbalance, that the game is far from an authentic NBA videogame simulation experience.

I am usually someone who gets hyped by videos than by words, but have to admit that there is something, some tone, some "I dont know what" about his letter that has got me interested enough to really give Live an honest chance ... looking forward to "see" whats up with it in the comming months.
the down side will be when people start complaining that said shooter cant hit an open jumper or struggles for a long period of time, due to teh synergy feature.
I hope there is an option to have this fetaure on or off.

whatis being said by EA sounds good. cant fault any of this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 33

Authenticity should not be sacrificed, reality should not be completely ignored and a subjective approach must not be implemented, just to meet the unfounded perception of "casual NBA followers", whose opinions by the way, vary from person to person, as they evidentely lack objectivity and any relation to meassurable data. If someone is struggling, then that player should do so for as long as his real life counterpart does.

The use of Synergy isnt a novelty or just some fancy words, is a proven, reliable feature that was well received by most Live fans (and may I say, many 2k fans too, i.e. me). One can argue how it is implemented (how ratings interact between them and are related to the available data), but non can argue facts. Yes, there is a level of oncourt context that complements data, but what people fail to see is that such context is already in videogames, in the form of user-cpu interaction and the decissions that present during games.

In sum, it is a welcomed implementation that fits the intended vision of a more authentic simulation ... having said that, it is extremely valuable to be given options and complete customization/editability so each user may have the chance to make the game fit their own unique perception ... I, for one, would definitively appreciate having the option to turn it off, even if I would personaly never do so.

Here is to hope for them not deviating from offering a more authentic experience and for recognizing that offering options, customization and editability is a plus and a pilar from which the game can successfully be built from.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 06-21-2013 at 09:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »