Home

MotoGP 13 Demo Arrives on June 12th

This is a discussion on MotoGP 13 Demo Arrives on June 12th within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: MotoGP 13 Demo Arrives on June 12th

Which site did you order from BC?
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Which site did you order from BC?
Sorry Steve I had to log off

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/sto...Term=motogp+13

Always order from them and have never had an issue. Usually takes about 3-5 business days

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12

Got mine today, only took 4 days from Amazon UK to Ohio. I am just putting it in so I will post some impressions after I play for a bit. Think it was $53 shipped and came with a DLC code for 4 bikes and 8 riders, though I think I may have to change my region to UK to get the DLC because the code isn't working. I'm sure it's because the DLC isn't even on the American PS store.

Steve I know you said you are a former Street bike owner too! I finally sold mine last year after being too old and broke to be leaned over the front of it any more, so this is the closest I'll get to riding again! I am hoping to play a lot online too, let's just hope there is enough interest!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Got this on Steam for PC, and really enjoyed it so far. Even the helmet cam is rideable, and I got all the way through my first season of career in my first sitting.

Overall, the bikes have a good feel with a 360 controller IMO, and in the external view, watching the rear end kick around as the elevation changes is pretty gorgeous. Whipping around Austin and coming around that downhill left hand sweeper, I had the rear tire dancing like crazy, and it ranks up there with the best pucker-inducing video game racing moments I've ever had. Once I cranked physics up above normal and got into Pro or above, I lost it quite a few times there in particular.

Braking took some work to nail down. Balancing front and rear brake to maximum deceleration without losing momentum or time in a corner while AI riders are breathing down my neck is nail-biting almost every corner, and I spent about 5 laps dueling with 2 riders in the GP3 series in my career races.

Finally signed onto Red Bull KTM for my first full GP3 season, and am thoroughly enjoying this one. I have to mention my favorite thing about this game, as well:

Technical meetings.

I'm not a bike mechanic. I point and shoot and that's about it. But in-session, I can have a technical meeting with the mechanic, and give him information on the bike. Top speed isn't where it needs to be in the straights. Bike changes direction too slowly. Gets into the corner too slow. Reacts too quickly, unstable under braking, etc.

The mechanic then makes the spring, damper, gear ratio changes, etc., automatically, and I'm back out on the track testing. That knocked seconds off of my lap times from practice to qual to warmup to race at each track, and it gave me a reason to really dig into the full weekend instead of just blasting through qual and race.

It also let me compete with the Hard AI out of the gates on the crappier bikes they give you to start with, so there's that. But all in all, I'm very, very pleased with this one. It's a little rough around the edges with controls (no multiple controller support, as all motorcycle games I ran on PC I used a joystick with pedals, but no dice here), and it's pretty bare-bones in presentation--but damn is it fun on the track.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #13
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Forgot to mention in that long post, that the AI is very fun to race against, as well. In that sequence of battling with the AI, they respected my position very well and didn't ever blindly come up into me or cut down on me, but they were RUTHLESS in taking advantage of my miscues--overcooking an entrance to a corner, I'd get trained to the inside.

I could diamond a corner and pull off a cross over on exit (providing I didn't lose the *** end getting on the hammer too hard), and overall they were really fun to race against, which is really important for a single-player guy like myself. The only quibble I had is you could lead on them almost TOO hard. It's pretty easy to touch knees and handlebars and stay full speed on exit or mid-corner, but that's better than AI undercutting me and taking the bike out from under me.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #14
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Forgot to mention in that long post, that the AI is very fun to race against, as well. In that sequence of battling with the AI, they respected my position very well and didn't ever blindly come up into me or cut down on me, but they were RUTHLESS in taking advantage of my miscues--overcooking an entrance to a corner, I'd get trained to the inside.

I could diamond a corner and pull off a cross over on exit (providing I didn't lose the *** end getting on the hammer too hard), and overall they were really fun to race against, which is really important for a single-player guy like myself. The only quibble I had is you could lead on them almost TOO hard. It's pretty easy to touch knees and handlebars and stay full speed on exit or mid-corner, but that's better than AI undercutting me and taking the bike out from under me.
That has always been my major beef with the AI in the GP series..Their constant need to ram into you simply due to the fact that you may be within their racing line. They never seemed to adjust to your location on the track. Sounds like that may have been addressed based on what you are saying. I have a local U.S. 360 but am I right in assuming that if I import gp13 from the uk it will work on my xbox?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

So is this just not coming to the states at all? What would be the most reputable and quickest place to order from?

Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #16
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12

I've played about 4 hours of the career mode so far, and I really like what they've done with the game as far as handling, button layout, tuning. I've only used Moto3 bikes to this point but they seem pretty accurate as far as the power and braking, as well as acceleration out of corners. It will be interesting to see the difference trying to control a GP bike when I get around to using one.

The AI, while being better than any of the recent years, will still do some stupid things that can cost you a race, but for the most part they race a great race and hold their line. Sometimes they are not real reactive about hard breaking into a turn and they will rear end you while you brake into the suggested or normal line instead of passing you on one side and late braking. I have only played it with the AI on easy and usually win a race by 1.5-5 seconds. The AI on easy is challenging enough, but I will probably move it up one notch soon.

The graphics are not going to wow anyone, but they aren't as bad as some people thought the demos were! Tracks and bikes are on par with past MotoGP games, to me it's hard to gauge graphics at 120-220mph anyhow, and the meat and potatoes of any racing game in the end, is the gameplay! The replays are smooth and great to watch!

TCrouch mentioned the Technical Meetings, they help tuning the bike for a certain track or rider style very easy, but it's done thoroughly and user involvement and feedback is important in the tuning process. I needed more acceleration, the Tech asked a few questions, and changed the gear ratio. The whole Technical Meeting interface is informative and very deep!

There are a lot of different options for any players style, skill level, experience. You can change button layouts, choose to have the tuck manual or auto, change TSC assist, just a lot of options to turn the game full simulation or a little more arcadish.

So far I'm liking what I see and think Milestone has done a solid job of giving this series a much needed resurrection! I still have a lot more to dive into, especially racing multiplayer and seeing how the servers hold up for us Yanks. For a fan of MotoGP it is nice to have a good effort this year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »