Home

NBA 2K14: Attribute Changes Needed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Attribute Changes Needed within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #9
Rookie

BreaksoftheGame's Arena

OVR: 0
Effort. This is a must. Players who compete every play of every game have a skill that is hard to teach. Manimal, Eduardo Nareja, Jeff Foster examples.....

Left and Right Hand skills. Or more off hand attributes to differentiate those who can handle and finish with either hand from those who cannot.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
I really like all of your ideas as well as BoG, above me. Hopefully, the guys over at Visual Concepts had similar ideas to help separate the various players in the league and their skillsets.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
Rookie

Players models look funny to me. That is why I stayed away from 2k. 13 was intruiging because the Nets were in Brooklyn. I watched a few games on YouTube and players never seem to space the court on offense. Player would gravitate to the PG for some reason. For the the first time in my life I will tryout 2K gaming with 14. I just hope the change the players models because they all look like buff bagwell. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #12
Just started!

I agree! I would also like them to make association a bit more realistic when it comes to CPU minutes on other teams, And real life line ups. For example Jr Smith always starts including Manu, Crawford. Association seem to go by ratings and not real life player roles.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
A couple things I'd like to see.

There is a difference to guys being hurt and out. I sim a lot of games to get to the playoffs and just to get through seasons. So a lot of time I just let the cpu adjust my rotations. The cpu is constantly subbing out my hurt guys when they can still play. It happens with the AI squads as well.

A real coaching carousel. I'd like to see a real fight for coaching changes or better strategy at least.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14: Attribute Changes Needed

These are great. I agree with all of them.

Some others I'd like to see: passing speed, passing in traffic, boxing out awareness, dunk in traffic(very few should have a high rating), and on-ball defensive strength(the ability to not get shoved away on drives and layups/dunks).
Old 06-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #15
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NBA 2K14: Attribute Changes Needed

I agree with all the points

Composure should be a rating as well.

The NBA is a league where runs are pretty much the driving force of every game. Composure should be a rating so that some players don't get fazed by the momentum swings and are just plain cold-blooded, and some players do get fazed by it and start rushing.

For example, Players like Kevin Durant rarely go through stretches where he struggles from the momentum swings, and he doesn't really force the issue and makes shots consistently. But players like Manu Ginobili and Russell Westbrook sometimes force the issue when down and cause unforced turnovers and lower their teams efficiency. So obviously Durant would have a pretty high rating in the 90's, and Russell, Ginobili would have ratings in the 60's maybe.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19
good read
I thought that the Medium and Long Range Shots were already in the player attributes and off set by a defenders attribute. isnt this a players hot spot. this was an emphasis in I believe 2k11. and never checked to see if it was still in the game.

The interior defense slider..- yes its a bout time they branch this out some more.

One slider Id like to see added is body control when going up for a lay up in traffic. or at least more differentiation between players being able to take a hit and finish a layup in control etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »