Home

Madden NFL 25 vs. Madden NFL 06: It is Different This Time

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 vs. Madden NFL 06: It is Different This Time within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 25 vs. Madden NFL 06: It is Different This Time

The year was 2005 and the console was the XBOX 360. The game - Madden NFL 06, a showcase launch title for Microsoft's brand new console. Fast forward to 2013. The console is the XBOX ONE (and Playstation 4), the game is Madden NFL 25 and the comparison is inevitable.

Both games are launch titles for a new generation of hardware. Both titles had much talked about trailers. Both have been hyped as changing the way we experience video game football. But come with me and let's delve a little deeper into these two games and how EA Sports' approach has changed - and how it might have stayed the same with the Madden NFL franchise.

Read More - Madden NFL 25 vs. Madden NFL 06: It is Different This Time
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4
As I go back and look at that 06 Madden trailer I believe current gen consoles easily surpassed that after a few years. The trailer looked good for the time, but it looks horrible to me now, looks like a cartoon. Just like I thought NFL2K looked great when I first saw it back in 2000, after while it starts looking bad because the graphics keep progressing.

When they showed the Madden 25 trailer I was amazed, then I saw actual gameplay, I was like it looks pretty darn close. The Madden 25 trailer and gameplay looks 100x better than that 06 trailer.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
The transition will be 100x times better this time around. I have a feeling sports games are gonna do a lot better on these next consoles.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
I was hoping they would get it right this time, cause back in 2005, I had to buy Madden for the Xbox and being next gen for the 360, that was $120 just on madden a 60 waste for 360, this year i did per-order Madden for Xbox1..can't buy double anymore, cause i have 2 boys that's a total of 3 360's and 3 Xbox1's, 3 Madden 25 I'm dropping not counting COD, and other games, just can't do the double systems anymore,
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 25 vs. Madden NFL 06: It is Different This Time

I think we should take the 'sit and wait' approach before we start saying its different. Right now, it's been all talk and vocabulary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan41
I was hoping they would get it right this time, cause back in 2005, I had to buy Madden for the Xbox and being next gen for the 360, that was $120 just on madden a 60 waste for 360, this year i did per-order Madden for Xbox1..can't buy double anymore, cause i have 2 boys that's a total of 3 360's and 3 Xbox1's, 3 Madden 25 I'm dropping not counting COD, and other games, just can't do the double systems anymore,
i guess we don't teach kids to share anymore, not knocking you or anything...but i remember i when i was growing up my parent had his game and the kids had to share there games with each other, so only on two systems..well my sister had her own system at one point but that didn't last long lol....i think you would save more money if they could share one game device...just a thought.........................anyways i also believe and hope that these sports game are going to be alot better..its just a start the first year but i expect the next couple of years to truly blow us away..can't imagine what we going to get once they perfect these new hardware...
Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan41
Dang! Why da heck does everyone need their own system and game? Thats the only thought i had after reading ur post.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

It will be different this time around. EA was under a lot of pressure during the development for Madden '06, especially because they had just closed out the market, had looming law suits coming, and had to look like they were progressing the series. The trailer video, unfortunately, ruined Madden (and football videogames) for a good 3 - 4 years... It took EA until Madden '10 to really recover from it, although there were still some vestiges of that trailer even in Madden '13 (the cheesy scoreboard, although it wasn't the focus like it was for '07 and '08).

I think that Madden '25 will be different this time around. First, the console progression is not as much from the current gen to the nextgen, a big focus is on visual fidelity and image quality, not as significant as jumping from 480i to 720p with the previous generation. FUrther, the development time for this game has been longer than Madden '06 on the 360. Madden '06 on the 360 was still in rough development when that trailer came out at E3 in 2005, and the game was even significantly different from the trailer (which was, obviously, all pre-rendered CG).

EA recognizes the huge mistakes they made with the transition to this current generation of consoles. I think that they won't be as aggressive with pushing new ideas on the new consoles ,and will instead focus on having a similar experience to the current gen, but with higher visual fidelity. I don't think that the new Madden is really going to wow any Madden veterans, but it should be an improvment from this gen, which Madden '06 certainly was not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »