Home

Need help picking a team in NCAA 14? Here's a guide...

This is a discussion on Need help picking a team in NCAA 14? Here's a guide... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Need help picking a team in NCAA 14? Here's a guide...

A freshman QB probably won't be the weak link for FSU unless Jameis Winston is a complete bust.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #10
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

At one point, Texas Tech had the #2 defense in the country last season. Not sure how they're weak.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
There needs to be a correction with UF's offense. They don't run a spread anymore. They're a pro style offense with a heavy run emphasis. Brent Pease, who came from Boise St, has multiple sets, one back, I-form, pistol, etc, but the Spread offense isn't one of them. I've also been playing the early release and of what I've seen so far they have the best playbook IMO. I'm a USC guy but I really like the diversity that their playbook has and if anyone's looking for a good playbook to use in custom playbook, I'd highly recommend theirs.
Did some more digging and updated to Multiple. According to comments made by Driskel to SI, they actually want to pass more this year so their heavy running from 2012 isn't something they necessarily want to adopt as an identity.

Also keep in mind that "Spread" offense doesn't mean pass, it's just a generic term for the primary personnel group, but I agree that "Multiple" is a better fit. There are even "Spread Pro" sets that some teams run (Oklahoma). But even on defense it sounds like Florida could bounce between a 3-4 and 4-3 -- the main point is that no one really knows. Muschamp is pretty deceptive about what the team's alignments are going to be so we'll all learn once the season starts up.

Last edited by jmik58; 07-08-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Did some more digging and updated to Multiple. According to comments made by Driskel to SI, they actually want to pass more this year so their heavy running from 2012 isn't something they necessarily want to adopt as an identity.

Also keep in mind that "Spread" offense doesn't mean pass, it's just a generic term for the primary personnel group, but I agree that "Multiple" is a better fit. There are even "Spread Pro" sets that some teams run (Oklahoma). But even on defense it sounds like Florida could bounce between a 3-4 and 4-3 -- the main point is that no one really knows. Muschamp is pretty deceptive about what the team's alignments are going to be so we'll all learn once the season starts up.
I hear you. Multiple is a better definition of what they plan on running. I was basing my comment on what I saw last year which was run heavy. The games that I watched Florida against FSU, A&M, and LSU they rellied a lot on the run. Some of there biggest plays were with counter treys as well. Again year to year teams try to find their identity based of personel but I have a feeling that being in SEC country they'll still rely on a huge run presence. Balance is always a huge key to success... I hope my Trojans will redefine themselves with more balance this year as well! Fight On!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Kentucky is going to be running the air raid with Stoops as head coach.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Kentucky is going to be running the air raid with Stoops as head coach.
I tried to focus more on the base personnel groups instead of the philosophy. It is worth noting that they will utilize a pass-heavy (air raid) attack which definitely sets them apart from most teams.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bowling Green will be a team to watch out for! Bring back almost everyone and coach Dave Clawson is doing a great job there! Losing the MAC freshman of the year last year at Running Back wil be the only thing that will hurt the Falcons, I see them being MAC champs this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

OVR: 3
@ Doriandonp

FSU doesn't have a Mario Freeman, we have a Devonta Freeman, who is our 1A starting RB along with James Wilder Jr who is our 1B RB. We also have Mario Pender, who is a redshirt freshman who will get some carries this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »