Home

NCAA Football 14 Recruiting Guide

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Recruiting Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Great write up. Loving the recruiting this year. It's deeper than I think a lot of people realized yet streamlined really well.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Nicely done! I only played a few games this morning before work, and have several recruits visiting tonight when I get home. Unfortunately I have 3 QBs coming, but I guess I'll just need a big game and learn my lesson for next year.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
Yes, 24 prospects is still the maximum.
How are you doing this? I can't seem to figure it out.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 14 Recruiting Guide

Here are the things I have found so far with recruiting while playing as EMU.

1) It isn't as hard as everyone has made it sound. As EMU I have some 3 star recruits who I am leading on getting so far and up by over 1,000 points 4 games into the season.

2) There still aren't enough FB's.

3) It's so much more realistic than in previous years.

4) It is more fun this way than before.

5) The tips in the guide are certainly helpful.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 07-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #21
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Thanks for the guide, nicely done! I'm a little perplexed by some of the reviews (okay, mostly IGN) that seem to treat this like a minor "paint job" update on a mode that was already there. This seems to me to be a significant overhaul, and it comes in the same year we get a physics overhaul that noticeably changes running and tackling. This is a 7.4....how? Reviewers seem to go into autopilot mode when they sense a new console generation is coming out.

I did always feel like both visits and scholarships were badly undervalued in the old recruiting. Glad to see that was addressed - this sounds like it could be markedly better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #22
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Thanks for the guide, nicely done! I'm a little perplexed by some of the reviews (okay, mostly IGN) that seem to treat this like a minor "paint job" update on a mode that was already there. This seems to me to be a significant overhaul, and it comes in the same year we get a physics overhaul that noticeably changes running and tackling. This is a 7.4....how? Reviewers seem to go into autopilot mode when they sense a new console generation is coming out.

I did always feel like both visits and scholarships were badly undervalued in the old recruiting. Glad to see that was addressed - this sounds like it could be markedly better.
I like the fact I can offer everyone a scholarship and of the guys who accept I can choose not to sign them.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X49ER
How are you doing this? I can't seem to figure it out.
Preseason recruiting... when you first access recruiting, you have the option to Create a Prospect or Skip to Recruiting.

That's the only time you can do it. If you skip to recruiting, you lock yourself out of creating a prospect.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juce734
Here are the things I have found so far with recruiting while playing as EMU.

1) It isn't as hard as everyone has made it sound. As EMU I have some 3 star recruits who I am leading on getting so far and up by over 1,000 points 4 games into the season.

2) There still aren't enough FB's.

3) It's so much more realistic than in previous years.

4) It is more fun this way than before.

5) The tips in the guide are certainly helpful.
4 games is early.... wait until the visits start. You will see 1500-2000 point swings on recruits.

And if you have to fight for multiple recruits, you will start running out of points quickly! That's when recruiting really begins. I had 2-3,000 point leads and watched that disappear during visits.

The guide wasn't built to say recruiting is hard, it's only hard in year 1 if you don't know the basics. Because it's very easy to fall into some recruiting traps that worked in prior years, but will put you behind the 8 ball here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »