Home

NBA 2K14 Euroleague Q&A

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Euroleague Q&A within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K14 Euroleague Q&A

One more thought: a little bit of a bummer the Euroleague teams appear to be limited to head-to-head quick games at this point.

Also, though the answers weren't super thorough, I must say I do kind of appreciate their relatively subtle approach to the Euro revelation. It's a nice change of pace to steer away from what'd once become the standard hype mountain. This inclusion could have clearly been precluded by a sea of punny Tweets like, "Biggest 2K news in the world coming tomorrow. Retweet this 500,000 times or Eur only going to get a piece of the whole pie. You're going to be fiending foreignformation."
Old 07-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
My favorite part of the article:I know it was said a few days earlier that classics would be returning. But I kind of thought it left the door open for some classics to be removed. It's nice to know that won't be the case. Big move for me.
Dont have the same positivism or dont quite understood the same as you tho ...

Quote:
Q: With the addition of Euroleague, did any other teams have to be removed? We would hate to see Classic/Legend teams get removed. From what we understand, classic players were contracted from NBA 2K11 through NBA 2K13, has that been extended?

A: You’ll have to stick with us for future news around classic players, but we did not remove any teams as a direct effort to shoehorn Euroleague into NBA 2K14.
As I saw it, the only thing clear is that inclussion of euro teams didnt cause removal of classic teams ... but classic teams may have been removed due to other non direct reasons ... in sum, the answer left the door still wide open for a restrictive/watered down version of classics.

Seriously hope to be proven wrong, but one thing I have learned about 2k is that if they dont answer it straight (they could just said no classics team have been removed, check further for details about classics ...), they either remove it, limit it or didnt put any emphasis on it (and considering the alternative, I would of been ok with just having all back again).

Anyways, looking forward to read, hear and see more anout the game.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 07-09-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
i was really really hoping that Maybe MyPlayer mode you would be able to go overseas after you retire or before rookie season or whenever, also was hoping that the EuroLeague would coincide with the NBA season so maybe some players would come over for the Draft/Free Agency etc etc......
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #20
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Wanted to see this implemented into the franchise mode and my player mode, but having a few euro league teams to run with online is atleast a start to bring the international game to video game again.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #21
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Dont have the same positivism or dont quite understood the same as you tho ...

As I saw it, the only thing clear is that inclussion of euro teams didnt cause removal of classic teams ... but classic teams may have been removed due to other non direct reasons ... in sum, the answer left the door still wide open for a restrictive/watered down version of classics.

Seriously hope to be proven wrong, but one thing I have learned about 2k is that if they dont answer it straight (they could just said no classics team have been removed, check further for details about classics ...), they either remove it, limit it or didnt put any emphasis on it (and considering the alternative, I would of been ok with just having all back again).

Anyways, looking forward to read, hear and see more anout the game.
That's what I thought too. Guessing some teams have been removed, but they wouldn't have been removed just for the sake of removing. There's plenty of space on blu-ray discs (next gen) to hold them. If they were removed then it's because the money wasn't worth it probably. There are a few teams I personally could do without (like the 85 bucks) but I would've rather seen they expanded the classic teams.
Although, I can't think of any new features they could be apart of.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
honestly I can care less about any other teams that are only for quick play . who cares really !! I want them to stop wasting disc space on worthless **** and make the game of basketball even more amazing then it is . nice touch with the euro league but if it isn't implemented into assoc. or my player no one should care . 2k12 had so many classic teams and no1 played with them . there were like 10 Jordan bulls teams and a ton of missing players. just improve the create system . add a create a team , create a logo , create a stadium and no1 would care about any of this . they'll just create it them selves , and prolly better then you might
Old 07-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #23
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoda2khead
honestly I can care less about any other teams that are only for quick play . who cares really !! I want them to stop wasting disc space on worthless **** and make the game of basketball even more amazing then it is . nice touch with the euro league but if it isn't implemented into assoc. or my player no one should care . 2k12 had so many classic teams and no1 played with them . there were like 10 Jordan bulls teams and a ton of missing players. just improve the create system . add a create a team , create a logo , create a stadium and no1 would care about any of this . they'll just create it them selves , and prolly better then you might
U don't care about the classic teams, but I do. Dude there are only 11 relevant teams in the league right now.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
U don't care about the classic teams, but I do. Dude there are only 11 relevant teams in the league right now.
my whole purpose to play a game is to do more then just play a quick game . 2k11 and 12 did a great job adding modes to compliment these teams purpose for being in the game . 2k13 only just gave them to you for the sake of you guys just wanting them . I do enjoy the classics being there . but after a few games played I get bored . this is only IMO . please let me know y u enjoy the teams just sitting there with no purpose ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »