Home

GRID 2 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on GRID 2 Review (360/PS3) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
GRID 2 Review (360/PS3)

The critically-acclaimed Grid is back with its sequel with promised improvements to car handling and A.I. topping the list from Codemasters.

While Grid 2 doesn't fully live up to the original, it's still a good racing game which some will find quite a bit of enjoyment from.

Read More - GRID 2 Review (360/PS3)
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Great review! I personally only the MP on this but it can be the fastest way to raise that old blood pressure!

Its a demolition derby with people just ramming you to get you to steer out of control so you loose. All in all I think this is a bit of a striped Grid 1 sequel.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: GRID 2 Review (360/PS3)

I don't think I've ever seen a Codemasters game fizzle as quickly as this one. I'm glad I rented it from Gamefly, as it is a major disappointment. It's just way too heavy on the arcade side for my tastes and the lack of a cockpit view rubs salt in the wound. On the positive side, it's made me appreciate GRID a bit more, even though it's only an occasional play for me. It would have more fittingly been titled Demolition Racing, particularly online.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
If you think Lucille`s story is terrific..., last week my uncles step-son basically also got paid $4518 sitting there a twelve hour week from there house and the're roomate's mother`s neighbour has done this for eight months and got paid over $4518 in there spare time online. follow the steps at this address........ Cat48.ℂOℳ
Old 06-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
7.5 seems reasonable if you are reviewing the single player - its mostly just hampered by long load screen, unskippable cut scenes and a rather boring take on 'car gathering'.

Online however, is grade "A" junk. Long load times is just the tip. Ridge Racer handling coupled with weightless cars that go spinning out of control at the lightest tap makes online racing a matter of luck than skill and would test even Gandhi's patients. If the demolition derby racing isn't enough to send your blood pressure over the top then how about having all the cars and upgrades, minus one the worst handling from each tier they spot you, locked not just behind an credit system that doesn't carry over from Single Player but an XP system that is the stingiest in all my MP recollection.

Rent it for single player and don't ever look back. This games community is already disappearing. Probably doesn't help new blood either considering they will all come in with level 1 non upgraded cars and be pitted against level 24 players rolling in the best stock fully upgraded.

This game should be the BOOK on how NOT to make a mutiplayer game successful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Sorry to ask if this is the wrong place but is there a download pack to add the IZOD indycar series to Grid 2? or did I hear something wrong..
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I can also add that this doesn't live up to the original. System of earning fans and getting "random" cars "assigned" to you just isn't as fun as earning cash and then shopping for the cars you want. CPU AI is aggressive and fun to race against and the sense of speed is done well, it's just that the physics are too slippery for my taste. The slippery physics were good enough in 08 but not good enough in 2013, IMO. Good job of mixing up locales and race types. Interesting race "plot," but not as good as say TDU 2's "plot," which was already pretty corny. I'm not an online guy so can't comment there. Graphics not improved from the first Grid and the frame rate gets choppy. Race sounds are good enough for me but the commentator gets annoying and repetitive fast.

All in all, it just makes me want to play the first GRID again.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 07-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Scooty Puff. Jr's Arena

OVR: 0
I feel it's a fair review of the game, but I re-purchased the original GRID for $10 after borrowing this from a friend. The lack of a cockpit view wasn't as disappointing as the inability to adjust the assist, or randomly choose events from every region. IMO the first game was simply more fun & this one wasn't worth the $60 for me.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »