Home

Gran Turismo 6 Videos and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 6 Videos and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Gran Turismo 6 Videos and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course

Check out the latest Gran Turismo 6 video and screenshots featuring the Goodwood Hill Climb course.

Quote:
Goodwood’s renowned 1.86km Hill Climb, centre piece of the British stately home’s annual Festival of Speed, has been announced as a new track to feature on the forthcoming Gran Turismo®6 for PlayStation®3. Polyphony Digital Inc., creators of PlayStation®’s best-selling Gran Turismo® franchise, recently announced a deal to partner the Goodwood Festival of Speed (11-14 July). A new GT6™ demo will now give some of the expected 185,000-plus spectators their chance to challenge Nick Heidfeld’s 1999 41.6s course record set in a Formula 1 car. The demo will include a range of stunningly recreated cars to race up the virtual version of "the Hill".

GTPlanet has also posted a couple of gameplay videos from the course.

Source - Goodwood Hill Climb to Feature in Gran Turismo 6 (Gran-Turismo)

Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
MVP

Yrogergj24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Gran Turismo 6 Video and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course

Some actual unedited gameplay footage.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kinda disappointed by the lack of GT love I'm seeing on OS. I for one am excited for it.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
How do you get past how sterile it is? Any pointers would be helpful b/c I've wanted to love GT since the PS2 days but the most fun I ever had was with GT5 Prologue. The 12-playlist soundtrack (with Weezer) gave it sooo much emotion and going online for the first time was sweet. But after that...games like Grid and Dirt were so much more exciting by the time Gt5 dropped. But now even those games have become somewhat "stale" in the context of their own formulas. Then look at the racing forums here in general - completely uninspired. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Gran Turismo 6 Videos and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course

The GT6 demo had a better soundtrack and was a little more engaging than anything GT5 had.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
How do you get past how sterile it is? Any pointers would be helpful b/c I've wanted to love GT since the PS2 days but the most fun I ever had was with GT5 Prologue. The 12-playlist soundtrack (with Weezer) gave it sooo much emotion and going online for the first time was sweet. But after that...games like Grid and Dirt were so much more exciting by the time Gt5 dropped. But now even those games have become somewhat "stale" in the context of their own formulas. Then look at the racing forums here in general - completely uninspired. Just my 2 cents.
+1. This series has been living of the reputation of its PS1 and PS2 glory days. GT was awesome for what it did, and was the first to do it. But since then it's been equaled and surpassed by other titles in a multitude of areas...in simulation alone.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
+1. This series has been living of the reputation of its PS1 and PS2 glory days. GT was awesome for what it did, and was the first to do it. But since then it's been equaled and surpassed by other titles in a multitude of areas...in simulation alone.
In addition to that, GT feels like a game based on a museum. Everything is pretty, nice, and delicate, but there's no real racing passion. I guess that's why it always promotes itself as a driving simulator. Forza has hit it on the head with the customization and racing feeling. GT just doesn't have that same level of passion.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
In addition to that, GT feels like a game based on a museum. Everything is pretty, nice, and delicate, but there's no real racing passion. I guess that's why it always promotes itself as a driving simulator. Forza has hit it on the head with the customization and racing feeling. GT just doesn't have that same level of passion.
You're right -- the game just doesn't have a good "feel" to it. I put GT5 in (which I got for $10 on black friday last year) and I always end up turning it off after about 5 minutes and then put in something like NASCAR Inside Line or Dirt 3 which I always end up playing a lot longer. I probably like Forza 3 better than GT5. Heck, I have even put more time into Shift 2. I can't believe GT6 will be that "revolutionary" on current gen consoles. It's unfortunate that GRID 2 didn't live up to expectations. The original GRID was way ahead of its time but needed the better handling that games such as Dirt 3 offered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »