Home

WWE 2K14 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Hands-On Preview within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
After playing wwe12 and wwe13 gotta admit I'm a bit burnt out as the games were too much alike. I'm very excited about 2K picking up the franchise as I LOVE the NBA 2K series but I guess it won't be 'till WWE15 when we trully see 2K influence on the game.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Haven't played a wrestling game in a long while, but have always loved the WWE/WWF series. I may try it out this year just to see what 2K is doing with the game, plus there is no scheduled next-gen console release this year.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: WWE 2K14 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Nice little first impression. Can't wait to read about Universe mode and the changes to it. That'll be the deciding factor if I pick it up day 1 or not.
Same with me.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #12
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Faster strikes is not really a good thing, at least for online play (and possibly regular matches, but we'll have to see just how much damage they cause). People already spammed on the old games by just throwing strikes the whole time and you could never get a move in without getting a reversal. Now strikes are faster and reversals are less likely? That'll be fun online.
Exactly. Strikes are already fast. I don't see this going well for online. I'm aslo a tad bit annoying at the animations superstars are supposedly getting during matches. Grabbing wrist tape, etc. Why not just bring back Fighting Stances and please everyone?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
Rookie

Now if we can get Goldberg vs Warrior vs Hollywood vs Sting in one game
Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
Rookie

Pfff as soon as I learned Cory Ledesma was still on board developing WWE's game I knew they would still suck! This one in particular looks like an absolute money grab to get a hold of whatever money they can with a copy/paste effort from WWE '13, just 'till they start working towards their next-gen title. Why can't 2K just go ahead and get the guys from AKI to make the damn game!? As long as they keep the main guys from THQ as the lead developers this franchise will keep being ****!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: WWE 2K14 Hands-On Preview

Aye faster strikes and catapult finishers sounds like it's getting even more arcade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Haven't played a wrestling game in a long while, but have always loved the WWE/WWF series. I may try it out this year just to see what 2K is doing with the game, plus there is no scheduled next-gen console release this year.
2K isn't doing much. Read the first paragraph again.
Or the first and last lines of this guys post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionickle
Pfff as soon as I learned Cory Ledesma was still on board developing WWE's game I knew they would still suck! This one in particular looks like an absolute money grab to get a hold of whatever money they can with a copy/paste effort from WWE '13, just 'till they start working towards their next-gen title. Why can't 2K just go ahead and get the guys from AKI to make the damn game!? As long as they keep the main guys from THQ as the lead developers this franchise will keep being ****!
For the 329568340928092450237859723405309148037580937850th time (we should really sticky this) AKI is dead. AKI is gone. AKI is now called Syn Sophia,haven't made a console game since 2009 and currently make absolute crap for the DS. Anyone that worked at AKI when they made those old wrestling games is probably long gone.

THIS is what they make now:

Quote:
2010 - Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (PlayStation Portable) Released only in Japan.
2010 - Pretty Rhythm Mini Skirt (Arcade) Released only in Japan.
2011 - Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream (Arcade) Released only in Japan.
2012 - Kurohyō 2: Ryū ga Gotoku Ashura Hen (PlayStation Portable) Released only in Japan.
2012 - Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future (Arcade) Released only in Japan.
2012 - Style Savvy: Trendsetters (Nintendo 3DS)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
Rookie

Way before 2K got the WWE license I had wished it would take a page from NBA2K game.The detail in that series is pretty unreal.Now its coming out I'm pretty happy , although I still may not buy the game since Yukes is still on board this year.Universe details are going to be key for me and it would be nice to have the game on PC for once.
But I expect some of the old "THQ/Yukes" bugs will be addressed this year or I hope at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »