Home

WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why they don't implement a logic system like Fire Pro is beyond me. It's a percentage based system that is tied to certain states. For example, if an opponent is lying in the ring and has below 10% health remaining, perform this aerial move 60% of the time, followed by a pin attempt. The specificity you could program into that system was just amazing and resulted in match flow and sequences that were very true to the wrestler's own style.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by molokoplus
Why they don't implement a logic system like Fire Pro is beyond me. It's a percentage based system that is tied to certain states. For example, if an opponent is lying in the ring and has below 10% health remaining, perform this aerial move 60% of the time, followed by a pin attempt. The specificity you could program into that system was just amazing and resulted in match flow and sequences that were very true to the wrestler's own style.
the last token redsuden by yukes had a 20 page adjustable logic system that had a percentage basis that sounds very much like what you are describing for fire pro....and that was on dreamcast.hopefully 2k implements something like that since nba 2k has that for all players, both stock and created.....the best thing they could add on top of that is using their patented VIP a.i. logic that the player 'programs' simply by playing...if you could create multiple VIP profiles you could have one for each specific wrestler so that when you wrestled AGAINST the CPU who was that wrestler he would exhibit YOUR tendencies you have when playing as that wrestler....nba 2k has this in exhibition(although not in season modes for some reason) and it is by far the most humanlike a.i. i have ever seen
Old 07-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 22
the really cool thing about VIP is that it is an evolving logic.....every time you play it changes what it will do to some degree because you are adding information to the 'program'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
Just started!

OVR: 0
i hope the story line is ten times better than it has been in the past, i loved the wwf moments but i hope the regular story is better
Old 07-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Sounds good, but AI needs some serious work. Before I preorder I'll have to see what the universe changes are too.

I hope Yukes doesn't do Yukes type things and lock moves for DLC, but they probably will.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
It's pretty sad when you have to announce two counts as a feature in a wrestling game. Just imagine if 2 strike counts were removed from The Show for a year they'd never regain their fan base. I'm not biting on WWE 2K 14 until I'm sure it's bug free.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokoplus
I love the Firepro series. All of my favorite wrestling games are Japanese. In addition to the Firepro's there was King of Colosseum (Red, Green and II on PS2), VPW and VPWII (N64), AJPW King's Soul (PS) and Giant Gram 2000 (DC)was a ton of fun. King of Colosseum II had one of the deepest logic systems I'd ever seen.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
I love the Firepro series. All of my favorite wrestling games are Japanese. In addition to the Firepro's there was King of Colosseum (Red, Green and II on PS2), VPW and VPWII (N64), AJPW King's Soul (PS) and Giant Gram 2000 (DC)was a ton of fun. King of Colosseum II had one of the deepest logic systems I'd ever seen.

Smart man that knows his wrestling games here. I think koc 2 and fire pro reign supreme. Having the both of them is all you need until further notice, As in I will let you know when there is an equivalent wwe game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »