Home

WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements

Do you remember when there were all the people running e-feds with the Firepro games? They all had their own set of rules regarding to character creation (logic, moves, total points, etc.), although most were pretty similar. You'd make your wrestler, send them a save so they had him, then sim the matches to see who won. People would promo on a message board. Lots of fun. There were weekly shows and PPVs. The amount of work and production value some of these guys put into them was incredible. Sometimes better than what was going on in major feds on TV.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary
Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
Do you remember when there were all the people running e-feds with the Firepro games? They all had their own set of rules regarding to character creation (logic, moves, total points, etc.), although most were pretty similar. You'd make your wrestler, send them a save so they had him, then sim the matches to see who won. People would promo on a message board. Lots of fun. There were weekly shows and PPVs. The amount of work and production value some of these guys put into them was incredible. Sometimes better than what was going on in major feds on TV.
Those were the good old days. I remember them fondly although i could not join fire pro club at the time i always kept up. I also enjoy reading the mark out moment threads.

Another thing id like your opinion on is no mercy. I understand it was great in its time but the momentum in that game and match flow is pathetic. You can get a finisher and pin the ai in 2 minutes most of the time. Great for multiplayer but we used house rules like no pins and ko's only. This lead to all of us creating characters with strikes that can ko and grabs as well. I have never seen so much blatant use of the half nelson suplex in my life.
I liked no mercy and vpw2 a lot more but once I got into fire pro d heavily i never looked back.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedboy
Those were the good old days. I remember them fondly although i could not join fire pro club at the time i always kept up. I also enjoy reading the mark out moment threads.

Another thing id like your opinion on is no mercy. I understand it was great in its time but the momentum in that game and match flow is pathetic. You can get a finisher and pin the ai in 2 minutes most of the time. Great for multiplayer but we used house rules like no pins and ko's only. This lead to all of us creating characters with strikes that can ko and grabs as well. I have never seen so much blatant use of the half nelson suplex in my life.
I liked no mercy and vpw2 a lot more but once I got into fire pro d heavily i never looked back.
I liked No Mercy well enough, and same as you liked VPW2 more. The logic setting were in No Mercy too, you just had to use a GS to access and modify them. I also liked WCW Revenge and World Tour. They were fun. But they don't quite compare to the Firepros or KOCs.

My first Firepro was Firepro Wrestling G on the PSX. I loved the Victory Road story mode in it.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary

Last edited by BlackNGold; 07-24-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedboy

Maybe if you played the game on easy, but it sure as hell didn't work that way playing on hard. If you were like Big Show against Funaki or something you could still pull that off possibly.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:12 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Maybe if you played the game on easy, but it sure as hell didn't work that way playing on hard. If you were like Big Show against Funaki or something you could still pull that off possibly.
I just played it the other day so I will stand by my opinion. Great for multiplayer but the ai was lacking a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
I liked No Mercy well enough, and same as you liked VPW2 more. The logic setting were in No Mercy too, you just had to use a GS to access and modify them. I also liked WCW Revenge and World Tour. They were fun. But they don't quite compare to the Firepros or KOCs.

My first Firepro was Firepro Wrestling G on the PSX. I loved the Victory Road story mode in it.
I started experimenting with the series with an emulator on snes a 8 years ago and had stopped playing the wwe games right after the first svr. I purchased 10, 11 and 12 for the outstanding community creations. I would spend hours editing move sets, entrances and adding music. I then re rate all the wrestlers and make factions etc.

When you get in the ring though all I feel is frustration. It is too easy to reverse against the ai. The ai will let you land 3 grabs then automatically reverse the next every time whether it is a strike, grab etc. We at least need back the 2 separate reverse buttons and slower game play for starters. This game should not be a button masher which is what the striking is shaping up to be. I want to like the game but it is no challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »