Home

NHL 14 - Dynamic Rating Updates

This is a discussion on NHL 14 - Dynamic Rating Updates within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #9
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 14 - Dynamic Rating Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
I would imagine this would be in BAGM mode too. Why would it just be in the single play modes?
The article does not mention BaGM at all. It's not hot and cold streaks. Just more frequent (hopefully) roster updates.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

If this only means more roster updates then I consider it a win!!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #11
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 14 - Dynamic Ratings Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
Streaks will be based on points. I think this team has no idea about hockey. Now if Marian Gaborik doesn't score he will skate like Hal Gill. We all know that when a player doesn't score goals, he doesn't skate the same. It's also just based on points. Even for Defensemen. It basically makes defensive defensemen even more useless in this game. Honestly, if it weren't for the introduction of EASHL and 2k messing up so bad with other years, this game wouldn't be around. The team just doesn't understand hockey.
Agree with absolutely everything other than 2k messing up. I don't think they necessarily messed up (maybe through marketing) because 2k8 and 2k10 are pretty solid games if you take the time to play them, which many people do not. I think 2k just got bested by EA's marketing and the introduction of the skill stick. It showed us how much potential EA NHL had so we all jumped to EA. I know I definitely did. NHL 07 and 08 were the most I've ever played one video game. Sadly since 2k left, EA hasn't done a whole lot to correct the problems many of us have wanted. If 2k was still in existence I think we would see a lot of people who are fed up with NHL, move to 2k. NHL 12 was my tipping point. I've played 2k10 a little more than 13 this year and I only think 2k10 is a decent hockey game. That's where EA NHL stands with me right now. It just sucks because the game is so close to being great, but as you said the developers just don't understand hockey it seems.

As for the developers did anybody see the UFC video with Dean Richards being interviewed. EA has a few developers (Littman and Richards that I know of) who just bounce around from game to game. Littman tried saving Live and now Richards is kick starting UFC. It's a smart move by EA but boy does EA feed us lies when they say how much passion and motivation they have to make a realistic hockey game. Two years ago when Richards came back to NHL, EA actually said Richards played professional hockey so he could bring that experience to the game. His hockeydb.com profile says otherwise. It's kind of funny to see what EA thinks is professional hockey. Overall I guess it's not really the game I'm pissed at, it's the constant lying from EA via their release of information and marketing.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 07-26-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #12
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Agree with absolutely everything other than 2k messing up. I don't think they necessarily messed up (maybe through marketing) because 2k8 and 2k10 are pretty solid games if you take the time to play them, which many people do not. I think 2k just got bested by EA's marketing and the introduction of the skill stick. It showed us how much potential EA NHL had so we all jumped to EA. I know I definitely did. NHL 07 and 08 were the most I've ever played one video game. Sadly since 2k left, EA hasn't done a whole lot to correct the problems many of us have wanted. If 2k was still in existence I think we would see a lot of people who are fed up with NHL, move to 2k. NHL 12 was my tipping point. I've played 2k10 a little more than 13 this year and I only think 2k10 is a decent hockey game. That's where EA NHL stands with me right now. It just sucks because the game is so close to being great, but as you said the developers just don't understand hockey it seems.

As for the developers did anybody see the UFC video with Dean Richards being interviewed. EA has a few developers (Littman and Richards that I know of) who just bounce around from game to game. Littman tried saving Live and now Richards is kick starting UFC. It's a smart move by EA but boy does EA feed us lies when they say how much passion and motivation they have to make a realistic hockey game. Two years ago when Richards came back to NHL, EA actually said Richards played professional hockey so he could bring that experience to the game. His hockeydb.com profile says otherwise. It's kind of funny to see what EA thinks is professional hockey. Overall I guess it's not really the game I'm pissed at, it's the constant lying from EA via their release of information and marketing.
That hockeydb profile really explains why the AI all play like a bunch of low level beer leaguer's. I had my suspicion they had no clue when the PK can kick the crap out of the pp. Because professionally Richards only understands roller hockey. That league was a franking joke. Besides knowing EA Rammer****zfist probably vetoes 90% of what Richards probably tries to put in, because it would cost to much to try something new.

EA will never change. Bought a ps3 this year to try The Show. Wow, what a difference, I am even watching Baseball again. EA has never had that effect on me, which shows how little they really try.

My slogan for EA is EA sports if it's in the game it won't be in ours. But we have HUT deals this week!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #13
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I hate to keep piling on EA because I really do enjoy their NHL games, but I wish they wouldn't ever update the rosters. Most guys are rated the same anyway. I always use custom rosters from this site because the ratings are better. With EA's ratings JF Jacques plays almost the same as Daniel Cleary, even though they are 2 different players with 2 different playstyles. With 13, my leading scorer was Nate Thompson and most of my breakaways were with BJ Crombeen.

They also want to compare it to other games (NBA 2k, The Show, etc.) but those guys know their games. EA can't fix problems because they don't even know the glitches. They added a practice mode in EASHL that you can't even get to work unless everyone readies up withing 5 seconds. I've seen several people ask about it and their answer is "oh something's wrong." The only one that showed up on here and offered any hockey insight was Blueshirt and that's been a while except for the penalty issue. It's so frustrating because this game is so close. Don't even tune it for hardcore guys, give us the sliders to do it. People do it for 2k10.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
They say these ratings aren't final but I guarantee you they are. Their rating system is complete garbage. Being an avid Wings fan, I know Helm is definitely a weapon. But he doesn't have big offensive prowless. But he is rated an 84? He probably would be a 78 if it wasn't for his speed and acceleration. Which, being one of the fastest guys in the NHL, makes him an 84? More than Alfredsson? So then when you go to resign him to a deal, he asks for top 6 forward money because the logic of the game takes his rating and uses that to base his salary. So frustrating.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmackity
They say these ratings aren't final but I guarantee you they are. Their rating system is complete garbage. Being an avid Wings fan, I know Helm is definitely a weapon. But he doesn't have big offensive prowless. But he is rated an 84? He probably would be a 78 if it wasn't for his speed and acceleration. Which, being one of the fastest guys in the NHL, makes him an 84? More than Alfredsson? So then when you go to resign him to a deal, he asks for top 6 forward money because the logic of the game takes his rating and uses that to base his salary. So frustrating.
This is why we created the Revamped rosters. EA's player ratings leave a lot to be desired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #16
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
This is why we created the Revamped rosters. EA's player ratings leave a lot to be desired.
yeah man i always take 3-4 days to rework the players i think need to be..... might not be worth it to some but for me totally

cant wait to hear about the beapro, ergggg

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »