Home

NHL 14 - Dynamic Rating Updates

This is a discussion on NHL 14 - Dynamic Rating Updates within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 14 - Dynamic Rating Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I hate to keep piling on EA because I really do enjoy their NHL games, but I wish they wouldn't ever update the rosters. Most guys are rated the same anyway. I always use custom rosters from this site because the ratings are better. With EA's ratings JF Jacques plays almost the same as Daniel Cleary, even though they are 2 different players with 2 different playstyles. With 13, my leading scorer was Nate Thompson and most of my breakaways were with BJ Crombeen.

They also want to compare it to other games (NBA 2k, The Show, etc.) but those guys know their games. EA can't fix problems because they don't even know the glitches. They added a practice mode in EASHL that you can't even get to work unless everyone readies up withing 5 seconds. I've seen several people ask about it and their answer is "oh something's wrong." The only one that showed up on here and offered any hockey insight was Blueshirt and that's been a while except for the penalty issue. It's so frustrating because this game is so close. Don't even tune it for hardcore guys, give us the sliders to do it. People do it for 2k10.
I know this is off topic, but NHL '14 will be the first hockey game I've purchased since 2002. I was just wondering if you, or anyone else that wanted to reply, could give me a heads up on who the "go to" roster guys are in here. I use Bedwardsroy19 for my NBA 2Ks and he is about as on point as they come. Is anyone HERE looked at in that way? Thanks!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I know this is off topic, but NHL '14 will be the first hockey game I've purchased since 2002. I was just wondering if you, or anyone else that wanted to reply, could give me a heads up on who the "go to" roster guys are in here. I use Bedwardsroy19 for my NBA 2Ks and he is about as on point as they come. Is anyone HERE looked at in that way? Thanks!
There are 2 big options out there- the Revamped rosters or the Ultimate rosters. I work on the Revamped rosters. We have already started working on the rosters for NHL 14. Here is a brief breakdown of what we do...

We didn't like the ratings EA gave the players. We thought all of the players were too bunched up in their overalls (they're all in the high 70's and low 80's). So we decided to spread the ratings out some more to get better player differentiation. With our rosters, 4th liners are in the 60's while the superstars are in the high 80's and 90's. For example- A typical enforcer will be rated like a 62 while Crosby is a 97. This makes playing with a player like Crosby actually feel like you're playing with Crosby.

For next year, like I said, we already started doing the rosters. We are rating every single player based off of multiple scouting reports we have. Every single attribute will reflect the players' true-to-life ability. The snipers will feel like snipers, the checkers will feel like checkers, etc.

Feel free to check our rosters out!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
There are 2 big options out there- the Revamped rosters or the Ultimate rosters. I work on the Revamped rosters. We have already started working on the rosters for NHL 14. Here is a brief breakdown of what we do...

We didn't like the ratings EA gave the players. We thought all of the players were too bunched up in their overalls (they're all in the high 70's and low 80's). So we decided to spread the ratings out some more to get better player differentiation. With our rosters, 4th liners are in the 60's while the superstars are in the high 80's and 90's. For example- A typical enforcer will be rated like a 62 while Crosby is a 97. This makes playing with a player like Crosby actually feel like you're playing with Crosby.

For next year, like I said, we already started doing the rosters. We are rating every single player based off of multiple scouting reports we have. Every single attribute will reflect the players' true-to-life ability. The snipers will feel like snipers, the checkers will feel like checkers, etc.

Feel free to check our rosters out!
Thanks, man! Will do!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #20
Pro

Bloop33's Arena

OVR: 19

I was liking this idea, and then realized it was based on points per game. In my GMC league, I like to build solid defensive teams. I won the cup once, but the only time I did is when I was averaging about 4 goals per game. EA is way too infatuated with offense, when in reality what really wins in hockey is good defense and timely offense (Even Chicago was a really good defensive squad this year).

Now, I am going to be annoyed if I go in as the Avalanche with my weak defense and DFD's like Erik Johnson and Cory Sarich are going to be rated extremely bad because they don't score a ton of points...This is more pandering to 12 year olds who don't want to play legitimate hockey, just like everything else they've added for the past 5 seasons.

EA is getting annoying.

S.O.S. Crew Bowl XV+XXV Champion

Houston Texans
Winningest Owner in SOS History

Old 08-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #21
Rookie

SharksG's Arena

OVR: 2

The more I hear about this the more I dislike it...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »