Home

NHL 14 - True Performance Skating Improvements Add Defensive Strafing, Quicker Pivots

This is a discussion on NHL 14 - True Performance Skating Improvements Add Defensive Strafing, Quicker Pivots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 14 - True Performance Skating Improvements Add Defensive Strafing, Quicker Pivots

EA Sports has posted this NHL 14 blog discussing the improvements to True Performance Skating. Improvements include defensive strafing, quicker pivots, improved high speed turning and linking 45-degree cuts for a quicker change of direction.

Source - NHL 14 - True Performance Skating (EA Sports)

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 14 - True Performance Skating

So happy to hear about defensive strafing at last. It shoud have been a must for hockey games.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 14 - True Performance Skating

I like these changes.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 14 - True Performance Skating Improvements Add Defensive Strafing, Quicker Pi

The changes to the skating will definitely help the game. They are much needed because there was still a lot of tuning that needed to be done after implementing the new skating last year. I figured with EA introducing the new skating last year it would definitely have it's flaws, but some of the issues seem to have been tuned up a bit for this year. Tuning the skating isn't going to sell me the game but if the skating is tuned properly that could make this game play much better.

What I also noticed is Nashville's "Bridgestone Arena" is finally licensed. Maybe some of the other no name arenas will be licensed as well.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 07-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #5
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 14 - True Performance Skating Improvements Add Defensive Strafing, Quicker Pi

Nice changes! I really like the defensive strafing. That's long overdue. The only thing I see that could be troublesome is that they made it so you can then sharper going at high speeds. That doesn't seem very realistic. We'll have to see. I hope this doesn't allow "figure skating".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Didn't see much of a difference from before. No like bwiggy says, it gonna take alot more to make me wanna buy that game.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
We need to hear about Presentation! I'm starting to think that they did nothing on this and waiting for next gen
Old 07-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
EA seems to be addressing a lot of problems i didnt like about last years game. Overall i liked nhl 13 (i thought it was one of the best sports games ever) but every now n then there were things that would take away from the experience (dumb line changes, defenders slowly turning around, poor ai decisions). There really isnt a huge, major change or addition this year but all the little tweaks should make for a better and more enjoyable game of hockey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »