Home

WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition Features Undertaker and More For $99

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition Features Undertaker and More For $99 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition Features Undertaker and More For $99

That would explain the ridiculous price compared to the content. $99 limited editions usually do way more than that. Nice case though.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

As long as (and I'm sure it won't be) that's not his only attire (easily his stupidest gimmick, in my opinion; a total farce, really), I'm okay with this. I won't pay a penny for it, but I don't begrudge those who want to. I think more commemorative versions of games should come out.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Still not worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

I would love this, but I'm not sure the $99 price tag is worth it. 2K14 just feels like it should be $40-$50, to me, so doubling the price for what you get just seems too much for what you get. The tin is cool, but I expect Taker to be on DLC after a while, once all the DLC is out.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
This is a great package. However, I already own the Streak dvd. In the end I'm still going to wait until it's out and see what others say before I buy it. I just don't feel like laying down $100 for this game or even $60 for that matter. WWE 13 just disappointed me too much.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8
Times are hard. You have to give people more than a tin and a character for another $40. That's almost the price of another game. They should throw in Fan Access as well and maybe some avatar items at this point to entice people. Next year I would love to see an exclusive shirt (real life apparel) and an exclusive DVD for WWE 2k15 for the $100 price tag. Consumers are savvy these days.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #15
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
As long as (and I'm sure it won't be) that's not his only attire (easily his stupidest gimmick, in my opinion; a total farce, really), I'm okay with this. I won't pay a penny for it, but I don't begrudge those who want to. I think more commemorative versions of games should come out.
So, you hate who he is outside of wrestling, because that's what that "gimmick" was.

He was out due to an injury and was going to retire from wrestling because of Owen Hart's death, and he told Vince he didn't want to be the "Deadman" anymore because of the death. He said the only way he wouldn't retire is if he could change his gimmick and they come up with.. Just be you.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Not to be overly critical, but was t his hair short most of that gimmick
He didn't really have short hair until he started his respect gimmick. He had long hair all the way through the WWF vs. Alliance storyline. He cut it by Vengeance and they were talking about him demanding respect. He was still the American Bad *** I guess, but he wasn't face any more. In May he got the new theme and was "Big Evil" by then. So for at least 2/3 of the "American Bad ***", he had long hair.

Last edited by dochalladay32; 08-02-2013 at 05:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »