Home

NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Details

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Details within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Details

Brutal... Seriously.. The AI, physics and on ice gameplay need ALOT of work and this is what they waste space and time on..I can see having drafts from junior teams, etc but this and playing in European leagues is a waste of resources. Spend the time making each player in NHL unique and signature animations, skills and strengths so line matching is important. The gameplay become more organic and size/ physical play matters.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

Text based be a pro? No thanks..
Old 08-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I have no interest in this stuff as I always find modes like this boring. I really have no interest in any of the modes actually. I just prefer to setup games in exhibition with the real life rosters. Not a fantasy sports fan at all.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Blog

Supremely disappointing. All fluff.

The trailer is terrible. As far as I'm concerned, that trailer was "Here's footage of BAP from NHL 12 and 13, spliced with some screen shots of the new 'answer these questions' mini-game". Cutscenes, celebrations, Cup presentation, character creation and game play all look identical. Woohoo. I get fan likeability meters!!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
hahahah...copy-cat of NBA 2k 13 MyCareer. Although this would be a nice addition to BAP but it could turn to be unrealistic. In NBA, within half of the 1st season, you player is playing 40 minutes/game, more than the star players of the team. I hope this would not be the same with NHL.

Also, one of my gripe in NBA 2k13 MyCareer is that you'll be interviewed every game....why not just the highlighted game that you'll get interviewed.

Anyhow, this is a poor improvement of the game if its just text. Cmon...EA...if you'll copy one feature make it BETTER not inferior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #22
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Looks kinda horrible - ooh, a "text adventure game"! Since it's 1990 all over again, I can play a Bobby Brown cassette in the background to keep me from falling asleep.

Seriously, didn't Mass Effect introduce interactive dialogue trees in 2007, where the characters paraphrase what you're saying and you can see them talk? NBA 2k copied that and has done it well for years. Not too sure about this one.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #23
Rookie

SharksG's Arena

OVR: 2

Very disappointed. Was thinking this might be the mode that made me buy NHL14 instead of waiting until next gen, but looks like I'll be skipping it after all. Text questions and a few charts that could be added in 5 minutes is the "big overhaul"? No thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

so it's Be a Pro with text questions with meters that don't change anything related to gameplay. at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »