Home

25 Days of Madden: Five Best Madden-Era Franchises

This is a discussion on 25 Days of Madden: Five Best Madden-Era Franchises within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
The greatest franchise in the Madden isn't a team. It's easily the EA Sports - NFL exclusive license agreement. I don't think Madden would be around if that hadn't happen. Need proof? Look at Live or whatever EA called their NBA game.
You mis-read the post the list was about the best real life football franchises during the 25year Madden Era, it really had nothing toi do with what team was better in the game or really even the game itself...it's all good though!!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfeev215
NE and Green Bay are already on the list so they don't count. Isolated the 90's gives Dallas, NYG, SF, Buffalo and Denver all have a significant gripe as well...however since the list is based off of "Madden Era" teams which means up to the present and not just in the 90's:
SD (since they can't manage to win playoff games in the second worst division in football - and I'm a Raiders fan)
SF (who played in the worst division in football until recently, and are now starting to re-visit the glory days), Houston (who never made a Super Bowl until they moved to Tennessee and who's most memorable playoff game while playing as the Oilers was the 35pt blown lead...which brings me to),
Buffalo (who was dominant apperaring in 4 Super Bowls but only really showing up for one of them, hasn't even been viable in years),
Miami ( have basically sucked since the retiring of Dan Marino another team that is up one year down the next and had their best year in recent memory when they decided it would be a good idea to run the Wildcat...yeah that's a great idea!!),
Washington (great team in the late 80's into the early 90's the Hogs, Gerald Riggs, Earnest Byner, Mark Rypien, Clark, Monk and Sanders 'easily one of the best WR trios in history' and the ageless wonder Darrell Green where all winners, then there was Norv Turner and daniel Snyder and the subsequent nosedive of one of the games most recognizeable franchises - thanks RG3 for reviving football in DC).
It the article he quoted the Eagles as one of the best teams in the 90s. They were average, at best.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #11
Just started!

Theodus2k's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 25 Days of Madden: Five Best Madden-Era Franchises

I think he's thinking about the 2000s when talking about the Eagles. 4 straight NFC title games and a Super Bowl appearance is pretty darn good. I can understand why they are on this list.

I can see why some people would want the Giants in there with two Super Bowls. But they weren't as consistent in terms of their dominance over the time period. If it were teams of the past 10 years or so they would be a lock though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »