Home

NHL 14 Demo Arrives August 20th, Bruins vs. Blackhawks, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode & HUT

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Demo Arrives August 20th, Bruins vs. Blackhawks, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode & HUT within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 14 Demo Arrives August 20th, Bruins vs. Blackhawks, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode &

NHL94 LOL.....
Old 08-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Considering we're getting to sample three different modes, which includes starting our HUT squads in the demo, I'm fine with only getting one period of play in Play Now. I think we've become a little too jaded in expecting so much from a demo. It's meant to be a sample, not a full game. NCAA needed to include three matches because it had a lot to prove and even then, the games were stripped of a lot of the bells-and-whistles to allow for that.

I'm just anxious to get my hands on Anniversary mode and to start my team in Ultimate Team.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
Rookie

Also, the trailer was fraking amazing. This makes the pretty awful Madden demo trailer even more of an embarrassment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
Rookie

Re: NHL 14 Demo Arrives August 20th, Bruins vs. Blackhawks, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode &

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
Considering we're getting to sample three different modes, which includes starting our HUT squads in the demo, I'm fine with only getting one period of play in Play Now. I think we've become a little too jaded in expecting so much from a demo. It's meant to be a sample, not a full game. NCAA needed to include three matches because it had a lot to prove and even then, the games were stripped of a lot of the bells-and-whistles to allow for that.

I'm just anxious to get my hands on Anniversary mode and to start my team in Ultimate Team.
So wait- there's going to be a 4 team HUT tournament, that means 4 full games against Halifax, Grand Rapids, Boston, and Chicago, right? Would make the 1 period argument pretty silly.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
So wait- there's going to be a 4 team HUT tournament, that means 4 full games against Halifax, Grand Rapids, Boston, and Chicago, right? Would make the 1 period argument pretty silly.
I believe it'll be like last year where every game starts in the 3rd period.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

since i pulled off my Live (after 10 years of being a member, getting PS4 and perhaps X1 in 2 years time) i'll just read the comments in OS if in this demo you'll see all the new features and improvements in the game.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

do I need xbox live to download demos?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #16
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7
When I first heard the demo video music I thought for sure I was going to see Dean'r Youngblood one touch deking through everyone and then squaring up against Racki at center ice.

"I don't give a $h!t where I play as long as I go number one in the draft and I sign the biggest contract I can. I've been busting my @ss in this league for four years, and I'm gonna get what's coming to me."
- Derek Sutton

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »