Home

Report: SEC Marks in Next Year's EA College Title, One School Out

This is a discussion on Report: SEC Marks in Next Year's EA College Title, One School Out within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why would you do that? If this is true, the game will be missing 1 team. Would you really skip out on the '15 because of one team.
Well people actually attend those schools. If it was your alma mater left out, you would not be happy. If the rumors that could be either Oregon, Ohio State, or Michigan State go bye-bye, it would be a disaster. Imagine Madden without the Falcons or Broncos (in the evil Buckeyes case Pittsburgh or Dallas), or NHL 15 sans Montreal or St Louis.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #34
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_sel1
Well people actually attend those schools. If it was your alma mater left out, you would not be happy. If the rumors that could be either Oregon, Ohio State, or Michigan State go bye-bye, it would be a disaster. Imagine Madden without the Falcons or Broncos (in the evil Buckeyes case Pittsburgh or Dallas), or NHL 15 sans Montreal or St Louis.
or worse USC
Old 08-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #35
Rookie

If some of the conferences go the wayside of the NCAA license, I'm not sure if EA wants to spend the kind of money for production on building a new game, but they said there will be a college football '15. Honestly, I don't see where those players who have lashed out with the various lawsuits against EA, claiming "their likeness" and image were in the game, have a solid case, but evidently greedy lawyers find a way to make it a case. It's all about money -- Ed O'Bannon couldn't have a long pro career so he goes after EA, as well as some of these athletes who claim similar vendettas. Hope everyone is enjoying NCAA Football '14 as much as I am, because it's will be the last of its kind ... until EA and the NCAA get these legal entanglements settled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #36
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
Team Builder will fix the missing schools....

But, I think a bigger issue is how long will NCAA video games be around??? I think this may be the end...
Old 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #37
Rookie

Re: Report: SEC Marks in Next Year's EA College Title, One School Out

hopefully College Football 15 or whatever it will be called won't be as glitchy as 14, if it is then i most likely will be done with college football videogames, i mean I understand that i would like to play a game with all the college teams in, but it doesn;t mean anything if we get grey facemasks, freezes and other bugs/glitches
Old 08-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
well that was a bit of good news on this gloomy friday.

please don't be Nebraska, please don't be Nebraska....
Well, since Nebraska is part of the Big Ten now, it looks like they won't be in the game. It doesn't surprise me that the Big 10 is bailing. They do at least have some commitment to academics, but that is going to stink big time. It will probably hurt their recruitment, too, I bet. I'm sure the players like being the video games and big ten schools will not be available. I bet this will domino, too, with a bunch of other conferences and schools bailing out of fear.

With the Big Ten out, I'm really not interested. What a bummer. Maybe someone can make an open source game that can somehow bypass these ridiculous "right of publicity" laws that are ruining it for everyone.

UPDATE: Whoops! It looks like I misread... it will just be the conference name that's out... well, that's not a big deal. I'm going to guess that the one team is either Notre Dame ('cos they are trying to be ethical) or Ohio State (trying to get more $$$)

Last edited by lord_mike; 08-18-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
Team Builder will fix the missing schools....
Only if you are allowed to add those schools in without removing a number of other schools equal to the number that had to be created. And that unfortunately has never been the case.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #40
Banned

When the dust settles all the teams and conferences will return to college sports games and you will see one of two things...... college sports games with actual players names and likeness with student athletes getting royalties from the game (set up in some sort of fund for when they leave school) or college sports games with completely random rosters. Either way college sports games will continue on because there is a ton of money to be made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »