Home

Report: SEC Marks in Next Year's EA College Title, One School Out

This is a discussion on Report: SEC Marks in Next Year's EA College Title, One School Out within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #41
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6
I don't think this is the end, but there is going to be 5 years of a damaged product or even no product at all. The Division 4 model that was mentioned in this article is going to happen. It would have happened anyway, with nothing to do with video games. The financial build for the entire system needs to be redone. Not only that, there needs to be a major change to the landscape.

Once this puke, Ed O'Bannon gets his check (Which I hope is $2 like Donald Trump got in the whole USFL debacle), things will prob be changed and we will see this game return to form in the future.

I'm happy to hear that the SEC will be in game and that all but 1 school is in. Not thinking about the future too much, just glad we get one good shot on the PS4. Hope the school missing is some lame school like Old Dominion. Or Georgia.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #42
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
For those hoping Teambuilder will fill in the blanks, one of the earlier articles said EA would be legally obligated to take down any trademarked logos uploaded to Teambuilder. This would put a serious damper on getting helmets and logs correct for missing teams.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 08-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Report: SEC Marks in Next Year's EA College Title, One School Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
For those hoping Teambuilder will fill in the blanks, one of the earlier articles said EA would be legally obligated to take down any trademarked logos uploaded to Teambuilder. This would put a serious damper on getting helmets and logs correct for missing teams.
Did it say they had to take down any TM logos uploaded or that EA couldn't use them in teambuilder like they do with some FCS logos now?

Policing uploaded logos would be very hard to do because new teams would just keep popping up.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #44
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
Did it say they had to take down any TM logos uploaded or that EA couldn't use them in teambuilder like they do with some FCS logos now?

Policing uploaded logos would be very hard to do because new teams would just keep popping up.
Legally obligated to take them down, remove them from the site. How they would police this and how vigilant they would be, I do not know.

edit - from Owen Good:
"Well, as I was told on Thursday, two Football Championship Subdivision teams—these are lower-level schools that don't even appear in the game—have asked EA Sports to pre-emptively remove their symbols from TeamBuilder. Any major school opting out of EA Sports' game would assuredly demand the same thing, and EA would be obligated to police it in the same shoot-first/ask-questions-later way that YouTube complies with takedown demands."
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

Last edited by Quint75; 08-19-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why would you do that? If this is true, the game will be missing 1 team. Would you really skip out on the '15 because of one team.
I'm pretty sure the article said that the big ten and PAC twelve won't participate in the game. That's 26 teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quit bumping old threads and ruining this forum!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #47
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

I got really excited for a second only to have that excitement dashed by opening the thread and seeing the time stamps. Don't bump threads like this, you're going to cause people serious harm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »