Home

NBA 2K14 Interview - Pro Stick, Pass Stick, Defensive Moves, Block System & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Interview - Pro Stick, Pass Stick, Defensive Moves, Block System & More within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K14 Interview - Pro Stick, Pass Stick, Defensive Moves, Block System & More

Proper help coming to help on PNR man! Yes! Now hopefully the offense can read and automatically space and react to the help on the weak side when it happens! If so this is Sweet both offensively and defensively! Loving all that I'm hearing!!! And I'm still reading! Lol
Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: NBA 2K14 Interview - Pro Stick, Pass Stick, Defensive Moves, Block System & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Increasing pass speed!!! Yes!!! Now I can make someone pay for doubling me by quick ball reversal for an open shot? Yes sir!!!
Agreed, add improved spacing (already advertised) and we would only be missing "improved" close out speeds (d recovery) to have an awesome game.

I hope this is all implemented well.

Right now, assuming all previously stated and all of what I posted above is done well, I only have two concerns:

- That teams distinction isnt blurred with the new adaptive defensive AI, hopefully such adaptiveness is related to players d awareness and coaching profiles.

- The fragmentation of the devs into two separate teams, as stated on MWs interview, there is only so much that the "whole" group of devs can do in a year ... so, a fragmented group cant possibly outdo the already set high 2K standards ... or can they ? ... and how exactly ?

Anyways, I am very optimistic of the power/prowess of the next gen and its repercussions on improved AI, gameplay and hopefully, physics.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 08-19-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hearing about the controls without seeing some actual footage is like Stevie Wonder beating you in a game of basketball. Release some gameplay already!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Glad to hear about the pass speed increasing and that it gets out of your hands faster. Along with better pass targeting and the fancy/no-look options, passing seems to have gotten a good amount of attention this year. I have to see if the pass-type logic is improved so my guy won't be making obvious bad passes right into the defender's hands as much. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #21
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Is manual bounce pass still in? I loved that last year! If so what button configuration? I think I saw LT and X was alley oop now and LT and right stick is fancy pass so what is bounce pass?

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-20-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #22
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Is manual bounce pass still in? I lived that last year! If so what button configuration? I think I saw LT and X was alley oop now and LT and right stick is fancy pass so what is bounce pass?
LT+A
L2+CROSS
Old 08-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #23
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

2 separate teams working.on NBA 2k14!!!
are u serious....

just need a bit more info on defense and am all onboard....I know am getting it on current gen but seems more than likely that am also getting in on xb1 digitally
Old 08-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #24
Rookie

cavs25's Arena

OVR: 1

I figured they split the team into two but is great to get a confirmation. WOOOOOOO

I want people to remember that Naughty Dog split into two teams
1 team created the Last of Us and the other finished Uncharted 3. So this isn't bad news. I know they are different developers but the different teams still help each other out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »