Home

OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

This is a discussion on OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

You are right that it is straight line logic here. And the logic is that those two played at the same level so they should be rated equally.

The stats:
QB % yrds TDs int rate ypg
RG3 65.6 3200 20 5 102.4 213
Wilson 64.1 3118 26 10 100 195

They both played at certain level (EA thinks this level is 89 overall). Wilson received a larger increase over last year because he had a lower initial rating so he had more ground to make up.

And sure Wilson may have struggled out of the gate, but if that is true then logic tells us he must have finished strong to end up with those numbers. That suggests a good deal of progression throughout the season which, correct me if I am wrong, but that is important for a rookie QB.

Tell me something since you are clearly not a Redskin homer and re completely unbiased, how would you have it? What should their ratings be?

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 08-20-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You are right that it is straight line logic here. And the logic is that those two played at the same level so they should be rated equally.

The stats:
QB % yrds TDs int rate ypg
RG3 65.6 3200 20 5 102.4 213
Wilson 64.1 3118 26 10 100 195

They both played at certain level (EA thinks this level is 89 overall). Wilson received a larger increase over last year because he had a lower initial rating so he had more ground to make up.

And sure Wilson may have struggled out of the gate, but if that is true then logic tells us he must have finished strong to end up with those numbers. That suggests a good deal of progression throughout the season which, correct me if I am wrong, but that is important for a rookie QB.

Tell me something since you are clearly not a Redskin homer and re completely unbiased, how would you have it? What should their ratings be?
You did yourself no favors posting stats. I purposely left them out.

Anyways based on stats alone tells me they shouldn't be on the same level especially since RG3 missed several games last year and still exceeded those of Wilson's.

I would put Wilson below Andrew Luck at an 87. I put RG3 at 91. This is based on where they started and ended.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
You did yourself no favors posting stats. I purposely left them out.

Anyways based on stats alone tells me they shouldn't be on the same level especially since RG3 missed several games last year and still exceeded those of Wilson's.

I would put Wilson below Andrew Luck at an 87. I put RG3 at 91. This is based on where they started and ended.
We would have to agree to disagree. In the Maddenverse a 4 point difference in overall is significant. I don't see that amount of separation between the two.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #20
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
We would have to agree to disagree. In the Maddenverse a 4 point difference in overall is significant. I don't see that amount of separation between the two.
Yeah man agree to disagree.

I'm just upset that last season RG3 was having awesome games and he was given no stat upgrades or very minimum! The Dallas game where he was destroying them on Thanksgiving day was giving a 1 point awareness stat. Russell Wilson throws for 135 yards one game and he gets a 2 point bump to overall stats???

Yeah we'll never agree on this.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Who improved more last season between RG3 and Wilson? It was absolutely Russell Wilson. More improvement on the field equals more improvement points in his ratings.

Remove the player names...
Player A:
Starting Overall: 83
Stats: 65.6% 3200yds 20TDs 5int 102.4rate 213ypg
This player started season with high expectations (and a high overall), and met or slightly exceeded expectations.
Ending Overall: 89 (Measure of his final production)

Player B:
Starting Overall: 70
Stats: 64.1% 3118yds 26TDs 10int 100rate 195ypg
This player started season with low expectations (and a low overall), and greatly exceeded expectations.

Greatly exceeding your starting expectations means more rating increase vs slightly exceeding or matching your starting expectation. Since their overall level of individual production as of week 18 was the same, their season end overall is the same.
Philadelphia Phillies

Last edited by darthsat; 08-20-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Yeah man agree to disagree.

I'm just upset that last season RG3 was having awesome games and he was given no stat upgrades or very minimum! The Dallas game where he was destroying them on Thanksgiving day was giving a 1 point awareness stat. Russell Wilson throws for 135 yards one game and he gets a 2 point bump to overall stats???

Yeah we'll never agree on this.
Well could we agree that Cam Newton is ridiculously overrated?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #23
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsat
Who improved more last season between RG3 and Wilson? It was absolutely Russell Wilson. More improvement on the field equals more improvement points in his ratings.

Remove the player names...
Player A:
Starting Overall: 83
Stats: 65.6% 3200yds 20TDs 5int 102.4rate 213ypg
This player started season with high expectations (and a high overall), and met or slightly exceeded expectations.

Player B:
Starting Overall: 70
Stats: 64.1% 3118yds 26TDs 10int 100rate 195ypg
This player started season with low expectations (and a low overall), and greatly exceeded expectations.

Greatly exceeding your starting expectations means more rating increase vs slightly exceeding or matching your starting expectation. Since their overall level of individual production as of week 18 was the same, their season end overall is the same.
Well if that's what stats are based on, why don't guys who aren't meeting expectations, not drop 19 points?
No one knew RG3 was going be that good. He was good coming out of college and was rewarded for it and his Heisman trophy. He exceeded more than 6 points. He should be atleast a 90 -91 and would be if Donny would've rated him just like he did everyone else.

I'm bored with it now, but I think its some str8 up, grade A, BS.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Well could we agree that Cam Newton is ridiculously overrated?
Yes!!! He struggled and ended up 90 something. I let @Donny_Moore know about it too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »