Home

EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #17
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
Summer actually ends in exactly one month on September 21.
I don't care. They need to distribute game-play out to the consumers early so they can give a descriptive analysis on EA's product. When you promise such a thing, you don't promise it towards the end of a certain period. Yeah, they need to make sure the game is ready and all, but the development time on the game will be over by September 21st. They might as well just not show anything until the games' release in November.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

Okay we'll hopefully the ball will start to roll as far as information on 14 goes. Not surprised they added a mode like this, if people buy this game now they can't say "2k has my player so I'm staying with 2k".

But hopefully Live 14 doesn't try to answer everything 2k does or doesn't do, and it can be it's own game.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8
Am I missing something?? Sounds like they just ripped 2k's career mode. Would've much rather see them make theirs stand apart in the press release with a new twist. But one game audition, draft, start as bum and work your way up... yep, par for the course. How about playing the NCAA tourney right before the combine workouts and meetings (similar tourney to high school FB in NCAA)? Maybe offering 2 or 3 different paths you can take from jump (start as bum, come in as the starter or come in as the next phenom)? You can't dethrone the champ throwing the same punches he does, AFTER he throws them at you smh.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like this news that they have their own career mode I would just like gameplay.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #21
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Am I missing something?? Sounds like they just ripped 2k's career mode. Would've much rather see them make theirs stand apart in the press release with a new twist. But one game audition, draft, start as bum and work your way up... yep, par for the course. How about playing the NCAA tourney right before the combine workouts and meetings (similar tourney to high school FB in NCAA)? Maybe offering 2 or 3 different paths you can take from jump (start as bum, come in as the starter or come in as the next phenom)? You can't dethrone the champ throwing the same punches he does, AFTER he throws them at you smh.
And 2k hasn't borrowed ideas from nba live? could careless about this and other modes, I just want dynasty and good presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #22
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I think they should have added the option of going through the draft combine(which is realistic) and summer league or go through that one game showcase. Me personally I love summer league ball.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #23
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

no more articles, its gameplay or bust EA
Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #24
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Career Mode is basically mandatory now. But I'm interested in the ways it will deviate from MyCareer. Right now it sounds like they bit the entire playbook. I'm still interested though. Even if I don't buy Live, competition is good for both products.

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Last edited by shegotgame; 08-21-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »