Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - Super Bowl Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - Super Bowl Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Video - Super Bowl Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I would usually be for this but I absolutely hated NCAA's intros. I don't know whether it was the fact that they showed highlights of the two teams that were about to play, playing or what but I just really didn't like them. I think the real shots work well here and judging by the replays I've seen from the demo, I think I'd prefer real shots. Although, if they could put together some dynamic shots like they've had at halftimes and such that update with your roster, I might be onboard.
I agree with the NCAA comment. Makes little sense (unless it was the second game of a divisional match-up) to show highlights of the the two teams playing each other.

I was thinking more of showing the road to the Super Bowl. maybe show their QB and talk about his stats or being an Pro-Bowler. Then showing a highlight or two against the teams you beat in the play-offs and have the announce saying the score or even that you just beat them.

Something about real-life videos (that will probably never change) just dont work for me. I do like how they added to the pregame and by no means do I think they are horrible, i just like things to be related to my franchise that i am playing

For the record, I have also stated my displeasure for commentary that relates to last years' real NFL seasons.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video - Super Bowl Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Was that Eli Manning doing the coin toss?

Like the intro videos but if they don't have a couple different versions, they'll get tired quick. Much like the team intros from a couple years ago.
Not sure if this was sarcasm, but it was supposed to be John Elway.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Not sure if this was sarcasm, but it was supposed to be John Elway.
No sarcasm. But dang does he look awful. I had to watch again and actually heard them announcing him. Curious to see what others they have for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0
Offically passing on the PS3 madden. Maybe get the PS4 if i see improvement. I just hate how easy it is to hot route & audible. People dont even pay attention to the D. They just go to the line already with a audible or hot route in mind. Its stupid. No QB has command like that. Its almost impossible to communicate verbally that quick with all the noise of a football game.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2
Why did they get rid of the photo flashes?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Video - Super Bowl Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree with the NCAA comment. Makes little sense (unless it was the second game of a divisional match-up) to show highlights of the the two teams playing each other.

I was thinking more of showing the road to the Super Bowl. maybe show their QB and talk about his stats or being an Pro-Bowler. Then showing a highlight or two against the teams you beat in the play-offs and have the announce saying the score or even that you just beat them.

Something about real-life videos (that will probably never change) just dont work for me. I do like how they added to the pregame and by no means do I think they are horrible, i just like things to be related to my franchise that i am playing

For the record, I have also stated my displeasure for commentary that relates to last years' real NFL seasons.
I'm right there with you. I wish they would take pretty much all specific commentary lines out of franchise mode. As soon as I heard Jim Nantz talk about Justin Smith's triceps injury, I cringed. I would much rather hear some generic stuff that at least relates to a game I played last week over something like that. I still remember hearing about Matt Cassel's trade from the Patriots like six seasons into my franchise.

And I agree with the highlights vs. actual film. It's a tough combo that really doesn't work well. Kind of like when they tried to splice game footage in with the awesome M08 intro. It was horrible. I still have a soft spot for last gen's intros with the players warming up and showcasing a player from each team for a matchup or sometimes a QB-WR duo. Expanding upon that I think could have been awesome for your average Sunday games.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Idk if anyone else noticed but I see alot of empty blue seats. Now i have a big problem with that becuase this is the freaking super bowl!!!! Snow is not going to stop people from going to the Supebowl!! Come on ea thats not cool and most snow games take place in the playoffs so this isnt a good look at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

I see they still have empty seats in inclement weather, even at the SB!!!???

Ok then...

*edit* I see cthurt beat me to it, lol...

Of course, this would be a poorly rated SB anyway, ha!

Last edited by Segagendude; 08-22-2013 at 04:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »