Home

NBA 2K14 Video - San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat (9 Minutes of Gameplay)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat (9 Minutes of Gameplay) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 9 Minutes of 2k14 footage. Heat v Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneqdup
Dude is terrible. Hard to judge gameplay when someone is that bad. Can't see much when somebody can't play D or offense.... Besides some nice contact when players go in for layups. He never played solid D though so can't see alot.
Look at it like this. He didn't play good defense, therefore he got scored on. He couldn't play offense, so he couldn't score. Full court passes didn't work, and forced shots didn't go in. Nuff said.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5

@4:15 Love the series of hesitation with the ball of LJ6...
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Old 08-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
Look at it like this. He didn't play good defense, therefore he got scored on. He couldn't play offense, so he couldn't score. Full court passes didn't work, and forced shots didn't go in. Nuff said.
That's because he was playing against the CPU. That kind of play never works against the CPU. I want to know if it wouldn't work against a human online either. Pretty obvious the user doesn't play bball videogames. Even the most casual user is patient enough to actually stay with their man, and if not, just switch to a center.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Was that the real Norris Cole and not that 2k12 &13 alien?
It looks like the same one from 2k12 and 13 unfortunately...
Old 08-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
That will happen on any 2k. And the cpu has been decent at stopping basic up and unders too. I don't put any stock into because the cpu doesn't pull out any "tricks" unless they have to. It was more "pass to the open guy" all game. You can't judge 2k like that. You have to make the cpu work to see the real game.

And he didn't even do any cheesy forced shots just took bad shots. And his release was off. Can't take anything out of it. The cpu contested shot percentage (Atleast the last 2 years) drops when they have a lead. PLUS you can't tell me they let the people play the game on HOF/ SS. That's why I say you can't take much from it besides some contact in the paint on layups. Even the "spacing". He played terrible D...... They were just wide open
Old 08-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Looks like the pump fake is like 2K10 as in it takes longer, which is good, as this makes it look more like a pump fake in real life.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
It looks like the same one from 2k12 and 13 unfortunately...
He definitely has his high-top fade, Ginobili has a new cyber face (with exaggerated bald spot) and Splitter doesn't have the weird lighting on his face.

I liked what I saw gameplay wise with all the contact in the paint and players (CPU & human) losing their dribble or being stripped. Hoping they added an animation for players also picking up their dribble.

My only two gripes are that a lot Spurs have their inaccurate shots recycled from 2K13 and it appears as though 13 players aren't active as they should be. Hoping the expansion of the active man roster to 13 is addressed on next-gen or next year.

Side-note: I also noticed that players on both the Heat and Spurs have more accurate accessories. Shame that the remain black at home for Miami, though.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like the fact that there clearly are more contact animations on layups in the paint, the question is though, will you be easily able to manually trigger them or is this just case of HOF cpu defense, that just gets stops whenever it wants to. Caus from his user defense i really couldn't tell if the manual on ball defense is any better than in 2k13. All in all i gotta see more to really make a judgement, but i definetly like that 2K brought in those 3000 additional animations, which should spice things up a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »