Home

OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

The NHL 14 demo dropped last week, giving fans their first chance to play the new edition of EA Sports' newest hockey game. Here are some of our thoughts on this year's demo, be sure to comment with some of your own!

Read More - OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 30
This will be my first and only current gen hockey game as a last hurrah purchase. Haven't bought one in forever.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
i was unimpressed. I only noticed small changes, its basically a patch update, but selling for $60 bucks... no thanks. ill pass
Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love hockey and football but unfortunately these are the 2 games that r becoming less realistic. The fighting and checking seems to be improving and skating smoother but the organic gameplay is lacking. If they get more puck physics and player differences in a variety of skills I'm there.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

I played NHL 2k10 the other day and the crowd and stadium atmosphere was more immersive, believable and amping than NHL 13/14... and it's 4 YEARS OLD!!! This just bums me out. All I can say is that EA better step it up with NHL 15 or else I'm organizing a boycott petition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
Rookie

TommyWizard's Arena

Re: OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

Call me a fanboy, or whatever you want. But I think EA is putting out a strong title this year.

Yes, people can list 450 things wrong with it. But the way I see it, it plays how I want it to. Big Hits and stand up for your team mates. The skating feels great this year it all seems to have come together nicely in that term. The presentation isn't up to scratch, fine with me. Get me something to tide me over with for a year (or at least until im bored of GTA5...) and then give me an all singing all dancing NHL15 next gen title.

I love the offline modes since I don't have internet access on a long term basis and I expect that to always be a strong presence year to year in this titles. The "Kings of Copy and Paste" may do just that but don't break it if it ain't broke in the world of gaming and what we get I'm more than happy with.

I had my copy pre-ordered long ago, I don't even get the extras for living in UK but it's my fix of hockey between local games. Cant wait
NASCAR: Kasey Kahne
Old 08-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 33
Re: OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
I played NHL 2k10 the other day and the crowd and stadium atmosphere was more immersive, believable and amping than NHL 13/14... and it's 4 YEARS OLD!!! This just bums me out. All I can say is that EA better step it up with NHL 15 or else I'm organizing a boycott petition.
Every year I find myself wishing that 2K still did Hockey games.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
I would like it if instead of being forced into the fight, you had to press triangle or Y to accept it still.
It's frustrating to have a star defenseman who wouldn't fight, get stuck having to fight just because you laid a nice hit on someone.
Or if certain players would come and intervene. For example, if i had Pietrangelo on the ice, and he drops someone, i shouldn't have to fight with him, especially not if Ryan Reaves is out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »