Home

NHL 14 Player Ratings - Top 50 Players (#41-50 Revealed)

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Player Ratings - Top 50 Players (#41-50 Revealed) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 14 Player Ratings - Top 50 Players (#41-50 Revealed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
i applaud your faith in EA savoei....how i wish i have the same optimism like you

This is the reason why this game play is far from real NHL. Same players play the same way, team play the same way.

How I wish there's another company that could emerge and compete against EA.
I wouldn't call it faith. It's more of learning to be happy with what I've got. I can't go without a new hockey game every year. That really sucked when 2K was in business, because I would often buy both every year. So it's more of a weakness. I wish for players to play more like they do in reality as well, along with many other wants the community has. I just realize that it's really out of my control and even the developers control to an extent. They have to make a game that is gonna appeal to as wide of an audience as possible so that it will sell no matter what. As far as NHL 14 goes, one of the big reasons I'm buying it is for the new divisions and hopefully the new playoff system. Plus I do like the new improvements, even if not perfect. I've liked the improvements every year for this series, except 12 which was garbage. I really do hope the Ai and Presentation get major attention for 15 though. Those improvements alone would go a long way to making the game feel fresh. We will see...
Old 08-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #18
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I wouldn't call it faith. It's more of learning to be happy with what I've got. I can't go without a new hockey game every year. That really sucked when 2K was in business, because I would often buy both every year. So it's more of a weakness. I wish for players to play more like they do in reality as well, along with many other wants the community has. I just realize that it's really out of my control and even the developers control to an extent. They have to make a game that is gonna appeal to as wide of an audience as possible so that it will sell no matter what. As far as NHL 14 goes, one of the big reasons I'm buying it is for the new divisions and hopefully the new playoff system. Plus I do like the new improvements, even if not perfect. I've liked the improvements every year for this series, except 12 which was garbage. I really do hope the Ai and Presentation get major attention for 15 though. Those improvements alone would go a long way to making the game feel fresh. We will see...
we're on the same table...i love the game of hockey...heck, i have hockey game since 91.

i guess that's why im so frustrated with EA is because all the things that worked in the past, they remove it the next year. they turned this game into a table hockey, no sense of Defense, just going North and South. I left EA in 2003 and 2k3 did it for me until 2k7. In 2008 till 2010, i have both EA and 2K.

But looking at EA, from 2007-2013, there was only 1 or 2 that i really liked. I like the improvements they this year in Fighting (visible teammates, both on ice and bench), but fighting occur not every night. And seldom you see multiple fights in one game.

A non-improvement in many aspects of the game, which IMHO is more important than fighting (ex. player differentiation, NZ d, presentation, etc.), makes me hate EA for leaving these out untouched or removed from past version.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
I'll believe the dynamic ratings when I see it. EA has been terrible at updating ratings and rosters for the NHL series
Old 08-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #20
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I'll believe the dynamic ratings when I see it. EA has been terrible at updating ratings and rosters for the NHL series
Seems to me like it will be updated once you connect to the servers. Kinda of like a constant online roster update. I don't know. No matter what, it's too bad it won't apply to BAGM. I hope they finally add roster/slider sharing on next gen. That makes life much easier for us offline gamers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »