Home

OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Goalie animations are looking as ugly and dated as they did towards the end of the PS2/Xbox days of the series. Whatever upgrades they made to the goalies, I'm having a hard time seeing them.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

Such minor changes. If I turn off fighting to eliminate the chance of an encounter after a big hit, it's gonna feel just like 13, IMO.

And with no next gen coming this year, this is the only choice we have.

Pass..
Old 08-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1

I have to take issue with Jayson's statement that NHL13 had no online glitch goals. That's ALL 13 is now online.

Nine out of 10 teams we play do the same short side goal every chance they get. It'd be laughable if it weren't so frustrating.

I'd be ok with it if there were actually other ways to score consistently, but in 13, you don't get rewarded for creativity and setting up plays, you get rewarded for doing the same shot or breakway move over and over and over and over...

If 14 evens out the playing field a bit, i might pick it up.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #20
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter21

If 14 evens out the playing field a bit, i might pick it up.

It will until everyone gets their legend 3 cards. Of course the top teams will do it, but you can spot them pretty easily. If you're in the top 100 and only have 2 players on a club, it's probably glitchers. I wish they would wait until everyone has a chance to get their legend 3's before putting tuners in. Most people didn't get to enjoy 13 in it's first stages because of the choppiness and when they finally fixed that it was a different game.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #21
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
It will until everyone gets their legend 3 cards. Of course the top teams will do it, but you can spot them pretty easily. If you're in the top 100 and only have 2 players on a club, it's probably glitchers. I wish they would wait until everyone has a chance to get their legend 3's before putting tuners in. Most people didn't get to enjoy 13 in it's first stages because of the choppiness and when they finally fixed that it was a different game.
for the record, my buddy and i a few weeks back defaulted our player builds. took all plus 3 5 etc out. used NO attribute points.

guess what? still scored the SAME goals we did with all the points etc. the ONLY thing that was different was our skating. that was it. passed the same and shot the shame.

terrible..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #22
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
for the record, my buddy and i a few weeks back defaulted our player builds. took all plus 3 5 etc out. used NO attribute points.

guess what? still scored the SAME goals we did with all the points etc. the ONLY thing that was different was our skating. that was it. passed the same and shot the shame.

terrible..
Shooting attributes don't mean a lot unless you're outside of the faceoffs circles/at the point. They nerfed those shots in 13 after a tuner anyway. In 12 I played without any shooting attributes and my guy did just fine. Got into the MHL (6 vs. 6 league) playoffs with no shooting attributes as the 3rd leading scorer on my team. That's why I don't understand people clamoring about builds, they're pointless, except for speed, agility, and arguably balance.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #23
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
One potential saving grace is that they're supposed to implement the FIFA system where you need to play into a higher division. While I do like the challenge of playing a truly elite team, my team is mostly on there for fun and we're not putting hundreds of hours into the game to get to that level.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
Just started!

OVR: 0
Skating is so much better,the puck physics a tad. Creativity is back with cross creases being meaningful again. I only take issue with the auto fights,in agreement with peter there. The biggest problem with EASHL since 10 is the AI being unbalanced. Time will tell,but remember when good teams demolished poor ones, 11,12,16-1. NHL 13 turned into a boring,stale,hope for a break ,short side fest. If you are an awful team, you shouldnt get goals from the blueline after the puck hops ten times and your comps should not auto catch up to legend players on a break. Also,no more 1inch demolishing checks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »