Home

NBA Live 14 Interview (Dime Magazine)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Interview (Dime Magazine) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Rookie

Calvin_Johnson81's Arena

OVR: 9
NBA Live 14 Interview (Dime Magazine)

Dime Magazine has posted an interview with NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher, Senior Designer Ryan Santos and Producer Ryan Ferwerda. Below are some of the interesting tidbits of information, but make sure you read the entire article here.

Quote:
While they realize their competition has owned the market share for the past three years in basketball video games — likening them to the 96’ Bulls — the guys behind this game know that there are Live players out there and players that prefer games by EA Sports.
  • The goal is to make it exactly like the real NBA everyday and keep that updated and refreshed throughout the season. So everyday you turn the game on, you’re going to get the most authentic, up-to-date experience.
  • Every time that you turn it on, if there’s new shoes that drop, there’s new player updates that drop or AI with Synergy Sports, you’re going to get that stuff within the hour in some cases.
  • Synergy Sports is the No. 1 data driven and analytic tool that all 30 NBA teams are using. So basically, in this case for like Damian Lillard, we know how many isos he’s been in all year (and much, much more, read the entire interview)
Once again, there is quite a bit of information in the interview and we recommend you give it a read. Everything "sounds" good so far. Just looking forward to seeing some 5 on 5 gameplay later this summer.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 14 DIME Mag Interview

Definitely a nice read after the drought of news around here. Seems like the Live team is confident in their product and they're really aiming for authenticity and replicating the NBA.

I see no signs of a cancelled product, so here's hoping for some positive gameplay videos.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I cant wait to see this game in action because even tho its all talk im starting to feel like EA finally have the right team making this game.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

I like what I read, I am really interested in NBA Live 14 and will definitely give it a shot whith my Xbox One Day One Edition...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

That article made the Sim hair on my neck stand up. LOL. I do think it's important to remember that they compared themselves to the Cavs' a young and up an coming dev team so don't expect flawless perfection this year. They are still going to have some things they don't do well this year.

But what they will have is sounding NOICE!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Calvin_Johnson81's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
That article made the Sim hair on my neck stand up. LOL. I do think it's important to remember that they compared themselves to the Cavs' a young and up an coming dev team so don't expect flawless perfection this year. They are still going to have some things they don't do well this year.

But what they will have is sounding NOICE!
I agree 100%
Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #7
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Good read, sounds good on paper we have to see how it plays out.
I really hope Madden is taking notes from what they are doing in NBA Live. Madden seems to be the least ambitious out of all them EA Sports titles.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
Worst case Live will help push 2K. Best case we'll have twi great titles to pick from. EA is talking pretty, can't wait to see what they bring to the table

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »